Audit & Assurance Assistant Manager
- Post Date:September 15, 2021
- Apply Before: October 1, 2021
- Views 196
- Career Level AssistantQualification DegreeExperience 3-5 Years
- Industry Business
Deloitte is a leading global provider of audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, tax and related services. Our global network of member firms and related entities in more than 150 countries and territories (collectively, the “Deloitte organization”) serves four out of five Fortune Global 500® companies. Learn how Deloitte’s approximately 312,000 people make an impact that matters at www.deloitte.com
In Zimbabwe, Deloitte is one of the leading professional services organisations, specialising in providing Taxation services to our client in a variety of industries from financial services, to consumer business, energy, mining and manufacturing, tourism and the public sector.
Our professionals are unified by a collaborative culture that fosters integrity, outstanding value to markets and clients, commitment to each other, and strength from cultural diversity. They are dedicated to strengthening corporate responsibility, building public trust, and making a positive impact in their communities. We understand that our professionals hold interests outside of the work space and we aim to encourage work/life balance, supporting them in all aspects of their lives.
Our talented professionals and our clients understand the link between a strong learning and development programme and the ability for Deloitte to deliver on its promise of consistent, high-quality service delivery worldwide.
Whatever your age, gender or culture, take your career to the next level with the talents and capabilities you will develop at Deloitte.
About the Division
Deloitte offers a broad range of fully integrated Tax services and tailored signature tax solutions and insights designed to work for business needs.
Our approach combines insight and innovation from multiple disciplines that keep current with the latest legislative, compliance and business innovations that will impact business’ tax strategy, compliance and reporting requirements. With an extensive network of African Tax professionals, equipped with in-depth knowledge, technical expertise and experience of both regional and global tax insights, we are best placed to guide businesses through the dynamic global and local regulatory landscapes to help them excel globally.
Our Services include the following:
- Business Taxes Services which is made up of: Business Tax, Mergers & Acquisitions, Tax Management Consulting, Deloitte Private Client Services, Tax as a Managed Service.
- Indirect Tax which is made up of: VAT and Global Trade Advisory, Global Employer Services
- Cross Border Taxes which is made up of: Transfer Pricing, International Tax
Our professionals need to have the acumen to handle complex situations and multiple responsibilities simultaneously, balancing long term projects with the urgency of immediate operational demands. We are committed to establishing and empowering the firm by establishing an environment of continuous learning and enriching career opportunities.
About the Job
To support the Audit Engagement Partner with the management and execution of a seamless, high quality audit and in the delivery of audit services to a client on a delegated engagement. Focus on the management and delivery of client engagements, as well as sales and practise development. Develop high-performing people and teams, leading and supporting them to make an impact that matters, and setting the direction to deliver exceptional client services.
Supports the Senior Manager on delivery of designated engagement / project, managing the implementation of the agreed deliverables
- Tracks outputs against Service Level Agreement and reports to Senior Manager on any unforeseen issues arising
- Seeks to identify additional sales opportunities in client business
- Assists in the preparation of proposals/tenders and presentations on request
- Is a support resource in planning of sales presentations and client negotiation teams for new and retained business
- Develops market network in business and builds relationships that generate leads
- Builds relationships across Deloitte service lines to understand broader offerings and seeks opportunities for cross-selling
- Generates innovative solutions on projects / engagements in collaboration with team members to enhance / renew service offerings to client
Contributes to the regional and business areas winning business strategy and targets, including contribution to Industry Manager initiatives and cross service line selling and collaboration.
Budgets / Profitability
Manages engagement budget through accurate budgeting, cost control and profitability management
- Monitors that time and expenses on engagement are accurately recorded and submitted weekly
- Manages WIP on engagement and ensures billings are timeously done and collections followed up
- Effective budget management
- Costing current for engagement
- Accurate WIP for forecasting and reporting
Development/ Growth of Team
Shares expertise and knowledge with team members and counselees on an ongoing basis
- Develops good working relationships with key talent in team to optimise performance and support growth, development, retention.
- Supports inconsistent, poor performance through firm’s processes
- Monitors resource requirements for engagement and communicates to Engagement Partner the need for increase / decrease in team headcount
- Maintains own development and knowledge in specialised area
- Manages, coaches, mentors Audit Trainees per the firm and ICAZ requirements
- Compliance with ICAZ requirements in regards to the evaluation and assessment of audit trainees and the ICAZ Training Programme, thereby supporting the continued accreditation of the Training Office and quality training experience for the trainees
- Support and contribute to the firm, service line and business area Transformation strategy
- Positive upward feedback from junior staff
- Key talent retention
- Optimise performance and development
- Streamlined delivery to clients
- Current best practice at all times
- Self-development, growth and progression
ICAZ Accreditation Review
- Timeous and quality review and evaluation of PSR’s, TSR’s, ANA’s
- Regular DF/Coach Touch base meetings
- Successful Formal / Informal Performance Management Processes
Technical and Professional Capabilites
Leverages a deep understanding of audit and risk advisory services and stakeholder needs to deliver high quality engagements
Become experts in risk assessments and audit responses
Audit professionals are required to obtain an understanding of the entity and its environment, including the entity’s internal control.
- This is a continuous dynamic process of gathering, updating and analysing information throughout the audit.
- Audit professionals are also required to have knowledge of relevant accounting standards applicable to the entity.
- Auditors are required to perform risk assessment procedures to provide a basis for the identification and assessments of the risks of material misstatement
Integrate engagement teams and manage referred work
Involving internal specialists early and often in audits leads to cohesive, well integrated engagement teams.
- As auditors we have a responsibility to understand the scope of work performed by the experts and specialists, supervise their procedures, review their working papers and understand the conclusions that they reach.
- Supervision, communication and review in relation to the work performed by component auditors are important activities to determine appropriate identification and response to assessed risks of material misstatement to the group financial statements and, more broadly, adherence to the DTTL Audit Approach Manual
Make appropriate use of tools, guidance and methodology
Delivery of high quality audits via a number of enablers:
- Global Audit Imperatives: Fundamental tenets applicable for all audits to drive the pursuit of professional excellence and quality audits
- Professional Excellence: Tools and resources for audit practitioners that focus on behaviours required to deliver the highest professional excellence
- Methodology, content, guidance, learning and tools: Enhancement and supplementation to existing resources to reflect changing standards and expectations, which continue to provide the foundational elements in performing a quality audit
- DA/EMS: Continued roll out of Deloitte Audit across the Deloitte network
Manage project plans to optimize engagements
Development and management of a project plan is a critical component to executing high quality audits. A robust project plan includes key activities, milestones, deadlines, and priorities for all engagement team members, including P/P/Ds, professionals, component auditors and specialists
Formulate reasonable judgements and conclusions in order to deliver informative and timely outputs
Making reasonable judgements involves:
- identifying the issue
- applying knowledge of business, financial accounting and reporting and information technology
- researching the topic and considering different perspectives
- evaluating alternatives in the light of the relevant facts and circumstances
- considering whether a suitable process was followed in reaching a conclusion and whether sufficient appropriate audit evidence exists to support it
- consulting as appropriate documenting the conclusion and the rationale for it
Apply Ethical and Professional Standards
Compliance with auditing and accounting standards, relevant laws and regulations (including specific local laws and regulations), ethical standards, independence requirements and the audit firm’s quality control procedures
Inclusive Leadership and action plan for respective transformation trainee development and retention opportunities
- Honours Bcom Accounting and CA (Z) (desirable)
- 4 years working experience and a Bcomm Accounting plus ITC or ACCA
- 3 years in a client facing role with supervisory experience/ 3 years Articles post Certificate of Theory in Accounting (CTA)
- Expert in field with sound industry and business knowledge
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Sales skills
- Proven ability to manage and execute projects
- Experience in drafting and presenting client proposals
- Excellent report writing skills
- Good financial knowledge
- Sound business acumen
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Effective interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Good mentorship and coaching ability with desire to develop self and others
- Strong client delivery focus
- Adaptable, managing change and ambiguity with ease
- Focus on quality and risk
- Sound problem solving ability
Deloitte is an equal opportunity employer.
Related Jobs (24)
Associate Director, Finance and Operations (Mutare) on September 23, 2021
Multi-Country Director of Finance and Administration on September 21, 2021 Contract
Ultra-Med Health Medical Aid Society has various vacancies available on September 20, 2021 Contract Full Time