- Post Date:March 15, 2022
- Views 429
- Career Level AssistantQualification DegreeExperience 5-10 Years
- Industry Transportation
Zimbabwe United Passenger Company Limited (ZUPCO) is a state-owned enterprise, wholly owned by the Government of Zimbabwe under the guidance of the Ministry of Local Government and Public Works. ZUPCO was established to provide safe, affordable, reliable and competitive
passenger and allied transport service to the general populace of Zimbabwe. The company is inviting suitably qualified and experienced persons for the vacant position of AUDIT ASSISTANT that has arisen.
REPORTS TO: INTERNAL AUDITOR
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performing risk assessment of the area under review.
- Conducting risk-based financial, operational and compliance audits to evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of internal controls and compliance to policy, procedures and statutes.
- Evaluating the adequacy and effectiveness of management controls over the organizational and functional activities.
- Determining whether organizational units are performing their planning, accounting, custodial and control activities in compliance with organizational Policies and Procedures.
- Ascertaining the extent to which assets are accounted for and safeguarding them from loss.
- Assisting in the preparation of concise and informative audit reports to effectively communicate findings.
- Assisting in carrying out investigations.
- Any other duties as assigned by the superiors.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE (from accredited and reputable institutions)
- A degree in Accounting.
- A professional qualification such as ACCA, CIMA, CIS or having served Articles of Clerkship.
- Relevant risk management or security management qualification(s) or experience at a senior level within the Police force is an added advantage.
- Proven knowledge of SAP ERP System.
- At least five years relevant experience through public accounting/auditing or industry experience of which three years should be at a senior level.
- Must be highly proficient in Microsoft Office Packages (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
Applications, accompanied by detailed updated curriculum vitae, copies of certified educational and professional qualifications, national identity and three contactable referees clearly showing which position is being applied for, should be addressed and hand-delivered to
The Human Resources Manager
109 Belvedere Road
Alternatively submissions can be e-mailed to: [email protected]
The closing date for receiving applications is Friday 18 March 2022.