Assistant Social Services and Recreation Officer
- Post Date:August 3, 2021
- Views 638
- Career Level OfficerQualification DiplomaExperience 1-3 Years
Applications are invited from suitably qualified person to fill the vacant post of Assistant Social Services and Recreation Officer.
DEPARTMENT: HOUSING AND COMMUNITY SERVICES
REPORTING TO: SOCIAL SERVICES AND RECREATION OFFICER
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist Social Services and Recreation Officer in planning, organizing and coordination of Welfare activities.
- Create awareness and mobilise community to participate in various sporting disciplines.
- Identify training needs for community clubs.
- Coordinate and facilitate training for various informal business entrepreneurs and clubs.
- Ensure that community halls and sporting facilities are well maintained.
- Supervise Junior Staff.
- Any other duties as assigned by the Social Services and Recreation Officer.
Qualifications and Requirements
- 5’O’levels including English language with a Grade C or better.
- Diploma or Degree in Social Work, Community Development or other relevant Social Science diploma or degree.
- At least 2 years post qualification working experience preferably working with an Urban community.
- Possession of a Class 4 Driver’s licence is an advantage.
- Very good public relations skills and ability to interact with communities from different social and political backgrounds.
Applications in own handwriting addressed to the Town Clerk, together with a detailed Curriculum Vitae and certified copies of certificates and professional qualifications to reach the undersigned not later than 13 August 2021.
TOWN CLERK – Eng. E. Mukaratirwa
Related Jobs (39)
Evaluation of the Education Out Loud Funded Project on September 28, 2021 Consultancy
Our Rights, Our Lives, Our future Plus (O3Plus) Programme Assistant on September 28, 2021 Contract
Internal Savings and Lending Schemes (ISALs) Consultant on September 28, 2021 Consultancy