Assistant Project Manager
- Post Date:August 27, 2021
- Views 527
- Career Level ManagerQualification DegreeExperience 3-5 Years
- Industry Non Governmental
CARE is set to implement a pilot project in Buhera district under the guidance of the World Bank and relevant government agencies. The pilot will aim to strengthen the government’s social protection structure, specifically BEAM, through layered social protection and WASH interventions to better addresses the needs of vulnerable adolescent girls through provision of: unconditional multipurpose Cash transfer to HH with learners under the BEAM programme, Income Generating Activities (IGA) grant to fund business plans for the same HH and School and Community level capacity Building and WASH Promotion Support.
The organisation seeks to preposition this recruitment for outstanding candidates who are known for their excellence, professionalism, integrity and who are committed to providing support to the country office.
To ensure fidelity of implementation by providing operational and technical guidance in Buhera District in order to achieve the project’s objectives and targets in line with internal guidelines and donor regulations.
Key duties and Responsibilities
- Develops the global working plan for the district in line with the budget and shares the details with the Team Leader.
- Plans for financial, assets, staff requirements and controls for the district with the Team Leader
- Develops Individual Operating Plan (IOP) in line with the AOP and submits to Team Leader.
- Develops district activity plan in line with project activity plan and submits to Team Leader.
- Develops district budget in line with project budget and submits to Team Leader.
- Plans for the operational systems and procedures for the district and shares with staff and stakeholders
- Organizes and executes key project meetings including inception, closeout, quarterly reviews and joint monitoring visits with all the relevant stakeholders.
- Provides operational and technical support to the Cash officer, M&E Assistant and the Project Field Assistant to ensure fidelity of implementation of the social protection project activities.
- Identifies and escalates to the Team Leader, operational and contextual risks that are likely to hinder effective achievement of project goals.
- Receives and reviews reports from project field staff (Cash Officer, Project Field Assistant and Monitoring and Evaluation Assistant and generates a consolidated report for input into project level reports as per donor guidelines.
- Produces progress reports and inputs in the documentation of project lessons and submits to the Team Leader.
- Prepares Personal Activity Report (PAR) and reviews PARs for project staff within the district and submits to the Project Secretary for consolidation and signing by the Team Leader.
- Evaluates staff performance, identifies performance strengths and deficiencies, and arranges for necessary action.
- Identifies disciplinary problems or issues being carried out by staff, and through the Human Resources Department, arranges for the necessary disciplinary action.
- Monitors the overall welfare of staff and takes the appropriate action for immediate assistance.
- Approves, or signs off requests such as leave and requisition requests.
- Receives project budget from the Team Leader, prepares and implements project activities in line with the budget.
- Controls project expenses by monitoring all financial movement and gives feedback on the burn rate to the Team Leader.
- Reviews, monitors and identifies budgetary gaps for considerations by the Team Leader.
- Coordinates and engages with internal and external stakeholders by sharing project information and activities.
- Creates an environment within CARE’s workplaces, programming, and communities where CARE works that is free from sexual harassment, sexual abuse and sexual exploitation and child abuse.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- A Degree in Education, Gender, Social Sciences or equivalent,
- 3-5 Years working experience in Education/ WASH/Cash programming at supervisory level
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Demonstrates understanding of budget tracking and analysis
CARE is an equal opportunity employer promoting gender, equity and diversity. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children and safeguarding employees and communities from Sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse.
Deadline: 1 September 2021
Related Jobs (58)
Director of Studies on October 25, 2021