Assistant Procurement Officer
- Post Date:October 16, 2021
- Views 712
- Career Level OfficerQualification DegreeExperience 1-3 Years
Applications are invited for the post of Assistant Procurement Officer
The Assistant Procurement Officer shall be responsible for:
- Receiving duly authorized purchase requests from user departments and validate the requests before processing.
- Checking adequacy of information on purchase request received.
- Selecting potential suppliers from the list of suppliers in the Gazette and prepares competitive schedules.
- Sourcing quality service and goods for the organization using the appropriate and recommended procurement method in line with the PPDPA Act and Regulations.
- Prepares purchase orders and facilitate collection by suppliers and accounts for payment of delivered goods or services.
- Following up orders for delivery of purchased items or services. 3
- Receiving ordered goods with Stores personnel. 3
- Maintaining records on all procurement proceedings and related matters. 3
- Assist the Procurement Officer in the preparation of bidding documents.
- Degree in Purchasing and Supply or equivalent from a reputable institution.
- At least two years’ relevant experience.
- Substantial progress towards acquiring full CIPS qualification and added advantage.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Negotiation skills.
- A clean Class 4 driver’s licence and defensive driving certificate.
All applications with (6 copies) certified copies of relevant qualifications and detailed CVs to be addressed to:
The Managing Director
P.O. Box CY 293,
Applicants should clearly indicate the job being applied for on the envelope.
Closing date of applications: 18th October, 2021.