Assistant Management Accountant
- Post Date:June 3, 2021
- Views 545
- Career Level OtherQualification DegreeExperience 1-3 Years
- Industry Business
Business Unit: Wholesale Banking
Geographical Area: Zimbabwe
Vacancy Manager: Management Accountant
Purpose of the job
Assist in the preparation of financial reports, analysis and reconciliations as well as the maintenance of financial records and other documents.
Main Focus Areas
1. Daily Reporting
- Perform a daily Trial Balance check to ensure all TBs are balancing and any imbalances investigated and/or escalated to IT Dept for resolution
- Track General Ledger movements on a daily basis ensuring that all material movements are supported by explanations
- Assist the Accountant in the preparation of the weekly and monthly segmental performance reports such as Cost Apportionment Model, SBU Performance Report, Funds Transfer Pricing model, etc.
- Monthly reconciliation and confirmation of all intercompany
balances (local and group) and input into the intercompany
- Maintain a file of intercompany transactions and lodge
applications with central bank exchange control to facilitate
payments of amounts owed to Group companies
- Prepare monthly accounts receivable schedule and follow-up
with sister entities/countries for recovery of amounts due from
- Prepare a schedule of journal entries for the monthly Group
Recoveries ensuring all payments are supported by valid
invoices and relevant taxes calculated.
- Assist the Accountant in providing periodic analysis of income
lines and providing explanations for observed trends
- Prepare key balance sheet account reconciliations and analyses
on a monthly basis.
- Maintain appropriate files, reports, documentation and data.
Qualifications and Work Experience
- A Degree in Accounting, Business Studies, Economics, Marketing or related field
- Progress towards attainment of a professional accounting qualification such as CA, ACCA, CIMA, ICTA or similar programme
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience as an Assistant Accountant or a similar role.
Skills and Competencies:
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and prioritize tasks
- Hands-on experience with spreadsheets and proprietary software
- Proficiency in English and in MS Office
- Ability to work under pressure and strong adherence to deadlines and targets.
- Customer service orientation and negotiation skills
- Strong relationships building and networking skills.
- The ability to show empathy to diffuse and resolve customer dissatisfaction.
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles plus solid understanding of accounting payable principles
- Proven ability to calculate, post and manage accounting figures and financial records.
- Proficient Microsoft Office knowledge and skills
Interested applicants who meet the job requirements should e-mail their CVs to [email protected] with the Heading: “Assistant Management Accountant” attaching all your academic certificates, transcripts, and National ID.
APPOINTMENTS WILL BE MADE IN COMPLIANCE WITH BancABC’s RECRUITMENT POLICY.
Closing date: 7 June 2021 @ 1630hrs.