Assistant Lodge Manager
- Post Date:April 22, 2021
- Views 584
- Career Level AssistantQualification DiplomaExperience 3-5 Years
Singita is a conservation brand that has been preserving African wilderness for the past 25 years, offering guests an exceptional safari experience with 15 luxury, award-winning lodges and camps across six regions in Africa.
In partnership with non-profit funds and trusts who implement strategic conservation projects in each region, Singita is preserving and protecting pristine land and wildlife populations, and helping to create economic independence within local communities surrounding the reserves.
WHAT THE ROLE ENTAILS
The main purpose of the Assistant Lodge Manager is to assist the Lodge Manager to manage the lodge and to thereby create a profound guest experience, in line with the service vision and creative concepts of the Lodge.
It is the responsibility of the Assistant Lodge Manager to monitor hospitality service, maintenance, gardening and housekeeping standards within the lodge.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- A minimum of 4 year’s work experience, including management in a five star hotel or world class lodge.
- Attention to detail.
- Exceptional Food and Beverage knowledge.
- Financial management ability.
- Exceptional English and a second language would be preferable.
- Good computer literacy.
- Excellent management ability and communication skills.
- A clear understanding of basic labour law and disciplinary procedures.
- A developmental approach to staff.
- Understanding of housekeeping and maintenance procedures.
- Must be a Zimbabwean resident.
- An awareness of developments within the food and lodge industries, as well as international trends in hospitality.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Ensure ultimate guest relations and guest delight in the lodge and that the “at home” personal attention levels are maintained.
- Maintain the highest standards of housekeeping and maintenance in keeping with the design visual audits.
- Management and training of the lodge staff in line with the Singita Standards of Performance.
- Ensure effective communication and relationships are maintained between lodge departments. Daily, weekly and monthly meetings are implemented.
- Effective financial management through the administration of orders and stock control.
- Contribute towards the sustainability operations of the lodge, operating within lodge environmental parameters and constantly looking for ways to further ‘green’ lodge operations.
- Assist the Lodge Manager in driving the broader goals of the company, in terms of the lodge, by planning and implementing Strategic Management Plans.
- All roles at Singita may be required to perform other tasks as reasonably requested from time to time and as required by the business and/or operation. Singita fosters a culture of collaboration, and with this a support of the multi-skilling of staff.
OUR CORE VALUES
Core to the success of the individual in this role is that their personal values are aligned with Singita’s.
To apply for this role, please email your CV to [email protected]