Assistant General Ledger Accountant
- Post Date:September 2, 2021
- Views 400
- Career Level AssistantQualification DegreeExperience 3-5 Years
- Industry Manufacturing
The Assistant General Ledger Accountant will be responsible for the following:
- Analyzing DPR on a monthly basis and preparing reconciliations of raw material stock and clearing accounts.
- Analyzing DPR on a monthly basis and preparing reconciliation of raw material accounts.
- Preparing journals for input in general ledger un-posted raw material receipts and issues.
- Scheduling and conducting mid-year and year-end Inventory counts.
- Obsolete stock adjustments and write offs
- Internal stock issues adjustments
- Preparing monthly CWIP and Fixed Assets reconciliations
- Preparing journals for assets capitalization.
- Preparing and post journals for depreciation expense.
- Preparing journals for 1/3 VAT WHT by customers and suppliers.
- Reconciling duty prepayments account.
- Reconciling all withholding Taxes and preparing payments as well as returns filling.
- Computing and processing VAT payments and filling of returns
- Preparing journals for the correction of any misallocations.
- Preparing monthly GL accounts reconciliations.
- Preparing and posting accrual journals.
- Assisting Internal and external auditors with their requests.
- Preparing foreign and local suppliers reconciliations and payments
- Preparation of adhoc reports as requested by management.
- Payment posting in SAGEX3
- Accounting degree or equivalent
- Minimum 2-3 years’ experience with a Large MNC (Multi National Company)
Assistant General Ledger Accountant needs to also possess the following:
- Advanced MS Excel ability
- Developed analytical qualities
- SAP FC
- Good analytical skills
- Confident and concise communicator
- Attentive to detail
- Able to work long hours when required
Individuals who meet the basic requirements and are interested in this challenging career opportunity should send applications to [email protected] and apply for the vacancies by 10 September 2021.
Related Jobs (18)
Consultant Health Economist (Grade N0B) – (2105293) on October 25, 2021 Consultancy
Head, Sales and Coverage (Manufacturing Portfolio) on October 23, 2021 Full Time
Vehicle Licensing Controller – Southern (Bulawayo) on October 21, 2021 Full Time