Assistant Finance and Administration Officer
- Post Date:February 4, 2022
- Views 492
- Career Level OfficerQualification DegreeExperience 1-3 Years
- Industry Non Governmental
A local NGO is inviting applications for the position of Assistant Finance and Administration Officer. Reporting to the Finance and Administration Officer/Executive Director. The Assistant Finance and Administration Officer shall be responsible for assisting the Finance Officer to execute duties in financial management; administration and managing human resources policies for the organisation.
Duties and responsibilities
- Assist Finance Officer to prepare organizational and project budgets for projects and budgetary control, i.e ensuring expenditure is compliant to budgets; Ensure all financial transactions strictly comply with organization policies and with donor contracts / agreements, guidelines and regulations, administration and human resources policies and donor contracts / agreements; Help the Finance officer to prepare for annual external audits and respond to international auditors if required; Manage the external audits and ensure audit recommendations are implemented.
- Cash management, ensuring that all petty cash transactions comply with the organization’s cash management policy;
- Ensure that all financial records are complete, up to date and filed systematically;
- Accurately enter all daily transactions into the books of accounts, using Pastel Partner 17 and produce relevant reports, present these to the Finance Officer for review and approval;
- Manage bank accounts and prepare periodic reconciliation statements, process payroll, calculate and remit tax and other statutory obligations, ZIMRA, NSSA, and complete necessary returns;
- Management of debtors, creditors and ensuring timely payment to all creditors;
- Assist the Finance Officer to prepare monthly financial reports of each project;
- Perform month – end closing and year-end duties such as reconciliations, VAT reconciliations, PAYE returns, procurement activities in accordance with organization’s procurement policy;
- Provide assistance to program staff and project budget preparation;
- Assist in consolidating all the programs and operational transactions for specific donors, for annual reports and for sharing with relevant stakeholders.
Administration & human resources
- Manage records, logistics, and ensure statutory returns and renewals are current;
- Manage leases to make sure they are current and amendments are processed as required;
- Maintain asset registers, conducting regular stock control and update accounting records accordingly;
- Maintain personnel files and payroll administration using Belina Time Systems;
- Ensure all equipment is properly functioning;
- Maintain finance and administration files both electronically and physically;
- Carry out any other task assigned by the Finance Officer.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or any related professional accounting qualifications such as CIS, ACCA, CIMA;
- At least two years – experience working for an NGO and experience in handling USAID projects will be an added advantage;
- Demonstrable familiarity and experience with donor regulations;
- Thorough knowledge of and experience with Pastel Partner 17;
- Experience with human resources management;
- Ability to present financial reports.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted for interviews.
We are an equal opportunity employer and women are encouraged to apply.
Deadline: 6 February 2022