Assistant Finance and Administration Officer
- Post Date:April 22, 2022
- Views 594
- Career Level AssistantQualification DiplomaExperience 1-3 Years
- Industry Non Governmental
Department: Finance & Administration Department
Reports to: The Finance Officer and the CEO
Assist the Finance Officer to maintain financial records of BirdLife Zimbabwe implementing separation of duty, checks and controls and perform general administrative work for the organization.
- Support the Finance Officer (FO) in the financial management of BirdLife Zimbabwe (hereafter referred to as BLZ) and to assist in the successful implementation of conservation programmes and projects;
- Posting entries into journals; Posting bank statements;
- Assist the FO in producing monthly reports for submission to the CEO and Treasurer;
- Assist the FO in producing quarterly reports for presentation to the BLZ Council;
- Assist the FO in preparing annual accounts for audit;
- Assist the programme staff in preparing budgets as required by donors;
- Assist the FO in preparing financial reports to donors and administer project funds together with the FO;
- Assist the FO in maintaining staff records and payroll;
- Assist the FO with bank reconciliations; Assist the FO in ensuring payments are made on time and outstanding dues collected;
- Assist the FO in maintaining moveable assets register;
- Assist the FO in ensuring the security and integrity of all financial data;
- Assist the FO in controlling and accounting for fundraising merchandise;
- Assist the FO in undertaking fundraising and promotional activities;
- Assist the FO in reconciling all cash accounts regularly;
- Assist FO in ensuring sound communication internally, especially with colleagues and be a team player;
- Any other duty that may be specified.
- We expect you to carry out your job responsibilities in an environmentally aware manner, ensuring as little damage to the environment as possible;
- Our aim is to ensure all resources are utilized effectively and efficiently;
- You will be expected to apply ‘sound value for money’ principles in undertaking purchasing or supply of goods and services;
- You will be expected to take instruction but also to work under supervision and alone when necessary;
- You will need to be of quiet temperament and emotionally stable and not politically active.
- Qualifications & evidence and references will be required;
- A reasonable bookkeeping and / or finance / admin department experience is required (not a school leaver).
Please can you email Julia Pierini: [email protected] your CV so that an interview can be set up.
Deadline: 30 April 2022