Assistant Driver Instructor
- Post Date:May 12, 2021
- Views 259
- Career Level AssistantQualification CertificateExperience 3-5 Years
- Industry Transportation
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the position of Assistant Driver Instructor that has arisen at J&J Transport Harare.
The Assistant Driver Instructor provide support in handling the day to day driver training needs of J&J Transport Zimbabwe, and assist other J&J Transport companies when required.
Scope of Responsibilities
The scope of responsibilities of the Assistant Driver Instructor covers but not limited to providing support on driver training activities of J&J Transport Zimbabwe, driver recruitment, training and development, inspection of trucks and equipment, accidents and breakdowns and driver discipline.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Assist in administering theory test for drivers.;
- Assist in road testing drivers for driving competence;
- Assist in identifying driver training needs;
- Assist in developing training materials and aids relevant to address the identified needs;
- Assist in administering training to help meet the needs identified;
- Ensuring that drivers have valid documentations at all time;
- Inspecting trucks, trailers and equipment when they are in the depot to ensure that there is no abuse from drivers;
- Recommending driver/truck allocations to the Driver Controller/ Instructor and/ Operations Manager and/ his Deputy;
- Liaise with workshop management where necessary to prevent and or reduce avoidable break downs;
- Assist in conducting consumption tests for trucks with fuel shortages.
- Attending to accidents and breakdowns in order to ascertain causes of same as required;
- Ensure compliance with HSES policies and procedures.
- Recommending disciplinary action against any poor performing or behaving drivers
- Contribute for the continuous development of internal systems to benefit and reduce down time;
Competences and Aptitudes
- Pro-active management style with initiative, dynamism and assertiveness approach
- Good communication skills;
- Results orientated with delivery capabilities
- Good analytical skills;
Hard Skills – Background / Technical Competences
- Academic Background : 5 ‘O’ Levels including English and Maths: Valid Driver Instructor Certificate
- Experience required (minimum/maximum): 2-5 years in a similar position;
- Age (minimum / maximum): 30-45;
Interested candidates who meet the job requirements should e-mail their CVs to [email protected] with the heading “ASSISTANT DRIVER INSTRUCTOR” not later than 14 May 2021.
NB: APPOINTMENTS WILL BE MADE IN COMPLIANCE WITH J&J’s RECRUITEMENT POLICY
Related Jobs (7)
Development worker (m/f/d) as Advisor for Transport Planning on April 14, 2021 Contract