(Re-Advertisement) Assistant Country Director – Programmes (ACD-P)
- Post Date:November 15, 2021
- Views 1590
- Career Level DirectorQualification DegreeExperience 5-10 Years
- Industry Non Governmental
Work Location : Zimbabwe – Harare
Type of Post : Accompanied – Family
Funding : APPROVED
Expected Travel : up to 30%
Language Requirement : ENGLISH
Employee Duration : Active Full-Time
**This role is open to both International and National candidates. Previous applicants need not reapply*
The Assistant Country Director – Programmes (ACD-P) is responsible for ensuring that CARE’s programmes in Zimbabwe contribute to CARE’s vision and mission. The ACD-P is expected to provide strategic leadership in the areas of programme design and proposal development at the same time as implementation, donor reporting, project budget management, monitoring and evaluation of ongoing activities.
The ACD-P will work to ensure that projects support CARE Zimbabwe’s programme approach framework and that project interventions make a significant contribution to the programme strategy to reduce vulnerability to drought/disaster, and overcome poverty and social injustice.
The ACD-P is responsible for overseeing the development of new business and funding which support programming in Zimbabwe. S/he manages a team of professionals focused on the design, funding, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of multi-donor, multi-sector programmes that include a broad range of livelihood provisioning, protection and promotion activities, along with emergency preparedness/disaster mitigation interventions. The combined impact of the programmes should effectively address the underlying causes of poverty in line with CARE’s Programming Principles. S/he must also ensure that systems and people are in place to ensure the proper management of those projects and programmes.
The ACD-P is responsible for overseeing the development, testing and implementation of new and innovative program approaches appropriate for the context of the Country Office. S/he works closely with, and is supported by the programme units at CARE USA and colleagues in Southern Africa, as well as with other interested CARE International members.
The ACD-P is a key member of the Senior Leadership Team (SLT) and as such is responsible for leading and supporting Country Office initiatives. S/he is responsible for (along with the Country Director) maintaining good working relationships with host government officials, donors and other partners. S/he may be required to become Acting CD when the CD is out of the country.
- Staff management
- Program quality
- Program management and compliance
- Program strategy
- Resource mobilization
- Communication and visibility
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in development studies or a relevant technical field
- 5 years in senior management position in relief/development field in an international setting
- Demonstrated experience in programme and staff management
- Knowledge and experience with financial management
- Extensive conceptual skills including development of programme strategy
- Advanced writing skills in English
- Demonstrated experience in budget development and programme design (including concept preparation and proposal development), implementation and evaluation
- Experience in successfully managing institutional partnerships with national and international NGOs
- Experience in establishing and maintaining collaborative relationships with donors and government counterparts
There are individuals who may use CARE’s name and trademark in emails and on websites in an attempt to solicit fees from interested job-seekers. Some examples of these fees are placement fees or immigration processing fees. CARE does not use recruiting or placement agencies that charge candidates an up-front fee of any kind. Occasionally, CARE does employ recruiting or placement agencies to help us identify candidates for specific employment within CARE. If you’re contacted by a legitimate recruiting or placement agency, there should be no charge to you. If you suspect that you have been a victim of fraud from someone purporting to be CARE, please contact us at [email protected].
We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, ancestry, sexual orientation, national origin, age, handicap, disability, marital status, or status as a veteran. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here.
Related Jobs (12)
Design Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Officer on August 13, 2022 Contract Full Time