Assistant Compliance Officer
- Post Date:May 13, 2021
- Views 504
- Career Level OfficerQualification DegreeExperience 1-3 Years
The following vacancy has arisen within Group Legal and applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill this vacancy. The Assistant Compliance Officer will provide independent assurance to management on the design adequacy and operating effectiveness of systems of internal control to ensure the effective management of significant risks across the group as business units discharge their various activities.
Reporting to the Group Compliance Officer, the successful candidates will be responsible for the following:
- Researching. developing and updating Group companies Compliance Checklists and Compliance Risk Management, Planning and ensuring that they capture all new tax and regulatory developments always
- Checking that tax computations and returns are correct and that the same is paid on time.
- Assisting with the application of Tax Clearance Certificates and business licenses for Group companies.
- Identifying and assessing risk areas across the Group and submit recommendations for compliance risk minimization
- Checking the activities of Fund Managers, Dealers and all assets and liabilities view to maintain prudent balance of liquidity always.
- Researching market trends and continuously/regularly review and update the company’s lending and credit policies to confirm constancy with market.
- Ensuring the company’s compliance with the legal requirements of the prevailing Collective Investment Schemes Act and all related statutory regulations.
- Checking and confirming that the Group implements policies: procedures and internal controls on handling suspicious transactions.
- Managing and updating the Employee Training Program on Anti-Money Laundering and Combating of Financing of Terrorism (AML/CFT).
- Compiling draft compliance report highlighting non-adherence to set standards and guidelines, risk implication, give appropriate recommendations and submits to management for responses
- Keep abreast of current issues and areas of risk, and appropriately focus attention/identification on areas that pose high risk. Participate in necessary education and training to attain essential knowledge and information
Qualifications & Experience:
The ideal candidate must possess the following:
- Degree in Finance, Accounting, Fiscal Studies or related.
- 2 years’ experience in a similar or related environment.
- Familiarity with Regulatory Compliance.
- Results oriented with good self- management skills.
- Must be able to work independently
- Research and due diligence skills
- Working knowledge and application experience of Financial Markets Legislation is advantageous
Candidates meeting the above criteria should forward their Curriculum Vitaes (CVs) and application letters to Group Human Resources via the following email address [email protected]
Applications should be sent by and not later than the 18th of May 2021.
N.B Clearly label the position you applying for in the subject line.