Assistant Communications Officer
- Post Date:May 30, 2021
- Views 696
- Career Level AssistantQualification DegreeExperience 3-5 Years
The Zimbabwe Energy Regulatory Authority (ZERA) is a statutory body mandated to ensure the provision of a level playing field for safe, reliable and sustainable energy supply through effective regulation. ZERA seeks the services of a highly competent, professional and results oriented individual who is able take the organisation to a higher level in the role of Assistant Communications Officer.
Reporting directly to the Communications Officer, this position will be responsible for:
- Contributing to the Corporate Communications strategic direction and operational planning;
- Participating in designing and implementation of stakeholder engagement and public awareness programs;
- Drafting and editing communications materials, including press releases, speeches, public notices, presentations, brochures, online and social media content.
- Activating corporate journalism and covering all events coordinated by the Authority and others that are energy related;
- Conducting research to enhance communications and publicity activity for the Authority’s projects and programmes;
- Re-writing technical and official documents in a public friendly and informative manner;
- Coordonating content for the Authority’s website, magazine, video production and social media platforms;
- Developing and maintaining an up to date database of key stakeholders;
- Coordinate the Authority’s involvement and participation at appropriate professional, provincial and national events, trade and exhibition shows;
- Coordinating internal key message briefs and corporate communications products, activities and services;
- Any other duties as assigned from time to time.
Key Job Requirements:
The successful candidate for this position should meet the following criteria:
- Bsc/BA Degree in Journalism/English and Communication/Media Studies.
- Three years experience in media, public relations, or corporate communication field.
- Experience in content development and management of online platforms, e.g social media and web management.
- Membership of a professional organisation is an added advantage.
Key Competencies and Skills
- Strategic thinking and operational planning skills.
- Ability to communicate at all levels.
- Teamwork, be dependable and innovative.
- Analysisi and synthesis skills.
- Audiennce focused and story telling skills.
- Social media and digital media technology savvy.
Prospective candidates for this position should email their CVs to [email protected] by no later than 06 June 2021.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be responded to.
Female candidates are encouraged to apply
Related Jobs (6)
Investigative Journalism Opportunities for Reporters and Mentors on July 22, 2021 Contract
Assistant CCD Manager on July 3, 2021