Assistant Accountant - Msasa factory
- Post Date:March 16, 2022
- Views 724
- Career Level AssistantQualification DegreeExperience 1-3 Years
- Industry Business
Reference Number : Tel20223257
We are looking for enthusiastic, self-motivated and committed individuals to join our team for the position of Assistant Accountant – Msasa factory.
Reporting To: Plant Engineer
The incumbent will report to the Plant Engineer and key responsibilities includes carrying out administrative, financial and facilities management duties that contributes to conducive factory working environment.
Duties And Responsibilities:
- Prepares Purchase Orders And Requisitions For Materials And Tools Requirements For The Plant As And When Necessary.
- Performs Logical Financial Analysis (Reconciliations) On The Msasa Cashbook Through Month On Month Variance Analysis And Actual To Budget Variance Analysis To Determine Reasonableness, Accuracy And Completeness Of Information Flowing Through The Accounting System.
- Prepares Monthly, Quarterly And Annual Cost Containment Reports For The Department For Management’s Decision Making.
- Develops Annual Budget For Msasa Plant And Zimbabwe Technology Company (ZITCO).
- Administers Use Of Department’s Pool Vehicles Through Monitoring Of Weekly Mileage, Vehicle Status And Fuel Utilization Reports For Management’s Decision Making.
- Organizes Board Of Inquiries For Staff Involved In Accidents With Company Vehicles.
- Processes Travelling & Subsistence Advances, Claims, Clearances And Prepare Monthly Schedules Use By Treasury.
- Conducts Tools And Office Equipment Audits Annually For Employees And Sections.
- Ensures Adherence Of Health & Safety Standards As Prescribed By NSSA, Factories And Works And EMA In Order To Avoid Penalties.
- Carries Out Msasa Factory Inspections And Advise The Properties Manager Of Any Repairs And Maintenance That Needs To Be Done.
- Develops Facilities Administration System Procedures In Consultation With Plant Engineer And Properties Manager.
- Conducts Site Visits With Prospective Service Providers In Preparation For Bidding Exercise Annually.
Risk and Compliance Management
- Develops And Maintains Sound Reporting Systems To Facilitate Effective Financial Management And Strong Internal Control Mechanisms For The Factory.
- Ensures An Effective Internal Control System Is Maintained And Adheres To Statutory And Fiscal Requirements In Liaison With Finance & Administration Department.
- Reviews Regulations, Mechanisms And Operating Procedures To Assess Adequacy Of Reporting Requirements That Enables Sufficient Monitoring Without Increasing Fiduciary Risk, Potential Weaknesses And Loopholes
- Ensures That The Msasa Plant & ZITCO Operations Are Carried Out In Accordance With Accounting And Financial Standards.
Qualification And Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree In Accounting/Finance Or Equivalent
- A Post Graduate Professional Diploma In Finance Will Be An Added Advantage.
- 2 Years’ Relevant Experience In The Accounting Environment
- Good Knowledge Of International Financial Reporting Standards
- Strong Business Acumen, Management And Analytical Skills.
- Good Communication And Interpersonal Skills With Employees And Stakeholders.
- Ability To Think Strategically And Translate Insights Into Action.
- Ability To Multi-Task And Manage Multiple Priorities.
How to Apply
If you wish to be considered for the above posts, please apply via email to [email protected] not later than 18 March 2022.
Hard copy applications will NOT be accepted. Please note that Canvassing will disqualify applicants and communication will be made to shortlisted candidates only.