- Post Date:June 30, 2022
- Views 587
- Career Level AssistantQualification DiplomaExperience 3-5 Years
- Industry Non Governmental
Location: Harare, Zimbabwe
Type of role: Fixed Term Contract
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organization that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We believe in the power and potential of every child. We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood and we enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity.
We drive changes in practice and policy at local, national and global levels using our reach, experience and knowledge. In Zimbabwe, we have been building powerful partnerships for children for over 31 years. Plan International operates an equal opportunities policy and actively encourages diversity.
Reporting to: The Accountant
The job is responsible for facilitating timely production of financial reports by capturing accounting transactions timely and accurately.
- Prepare complete and accurately coded payment packages and GL entries. Prepare cash request for Harare Program Area (PA)
- Prepare cash receipts to record all income received
- Prepare statutory returns within stipulated timeframes
- Update stores records with receipts and issues and conduct quarterly inventory verifications
- Prepare month-end reports, file and reconcile all balance sheet accounts
- Perform surprise petty cash counts every month
- Prepare advance and contract monitoring reports
- File all payment vouchers, journals and receipts sequentially
- Prepare intercompany reconciliation for the country
- Reconcile balance sheet accounts
- Administration of payroll changes.
- Assist the Accountant in the preparation of monthly financial management reports
- Promote and abide by internal policies and procedures including but not limited to Safeguarding Policy, Gender Equality Policy, Code of Conduct and mandatory reporting responsibility
- A Higher National Diploma in Accounting, or Part C CIS or equivalent qualification
- 5 “O” levels including Mathematics and English Language.
- At least 3 years’ experience in a similar role in an NGO environment
- Analytical skills
- Good communication skills,
- Good interpersonal skills
- Proficient in computer skills and use of relevant accounting packages
- Communicates clearly and effectively
- Ability to take charge of the accounting functions in the absence of the Accountant
Interested candidates who meet the above requirements are required to submit their curriculum vitae & cover letter outlining their suitability for the position.
Plan International takes very seriously the responsibility and duty to ensure that we and anyone who represents us does not in any way harm or place at risk children and young people. In this regard, reference & background checks will be performed including clearances on child related offences in conformity with Plan’s Safeguarding Policy.
This position is open to Zimbabwean nationals
Closing Date: 4 July 2022