- Post Date:June 4, 2022
- Views 530
- Career Level AssistantQualification DegreeExperience 3-5 Years
- Industry Business
Macmillan Education is a place where vibrant minds meet. We’re a trusted education brand and our core values are to be Passionate, Supportive and Inventive in everything we do.
We’ve been around for a while (since 1843), but that doesn’t mean that we’re old fashioned. We consider ourselves to be confident, self-assured, entrepreneurial and, especially, ground breaking!
We’re in the business of helping people learn and to better their lives through education, and as a result we look for individuals who are not just passionate about education, but also about making a difference.
As the publishers and marketers of quality textbooks and educational support materials, we aim to transform learning through discovery.
Job title: Assistant Accountant (1 Year Fixed Term Contract)
Location: Harare, Zimbabwe
Salary: Market related
Reporting to: Accountant
Reference number: WA/ZW/190422
Purpose of the Job
Macmillan Education College Press is seeking to appoint an Assistant Accountant to: Bookkeeping up to Trial Balance, General Ledger & Balance Sheet Recons, Monthly Journals.
- B.Com or equivalent in accounting.
- 3 – 5 years bookkeeping or equivalent experience.
- Microsoft Office literate to atleast intermediate level.
- Experience with foreign currency payments.
- Syspro experience (beneficial but not essential).
- Knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards.
- Knowledge of relevant legislation and regulatory requirements.
- Perform cashbook recons for College Press monthly to check bank account balances to cash book.
- Perform trade debtors reconciliations
- Reconciling items to be followed up immediately and resolved and no reconciling items older than one month.
- Preparation of accurate reconciliations for general ledger accounts. Ensure that all recons have valid documents attached (auditable).
- Apply accounting principles and procedures to process accurate accounting transactions.
- Maintain financial records in accordance with legislation, accounting standards, policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Reconcile all balance sheet accounts including the reconciliation of GL with all the sub-modules
- Generate monthly standard and correction GL journals and submit for posting with relevant supporting documents.
- Prepare monthly VAT reconciliation, QPD, and withholding tax and submit to the accountant for review.
- Reviewing all entries posted to the General Ledger. No misallocations older than 1 month.
- Review sub-modules for incorrect and old entries. No incorrect or outstanding old entries more than 1 month.
- Maintain an accurate and up to date fixed asset register and asset tagging
- Assist auditors with annual and periodical auditing procedures.
- Pro-actively accrue for future expenses in line with accounting standards.
All internal and external applicants who are interested in this position and who meet the requirements may apply by sending their applications to [email protected]
Closing date: 6 May 2022
If you have not been contacted within three weeks of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.