- Post Date:May 31, 2022
- Views 368
- Career Level AssistantQualification DegreeExperience 1-3 Years
- Industry Business
Applications are invited to fill a vacancy in the BURSAR’S DEPARTMENT as an Assistant Accountant.
- A first Degree in Accounting, Finance, or equivalent.
- A professional qualification in Accounting is an added advantage.
- Five (5) Ordinary Level Passes including English Language and Mathematics.
Experience and Qualities
- Have a minimum of two (2) years post qualification experience.
- Working knowledge of accounting related computer packages (e.g. Pastel, Paywell, Excel) and meticulous attention to detail.
- High level of professionalism and integrity.
- Skill in performing detailed and complex numerical computations and reports.
- Good interpersonal communication and documentation skills.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervises activities of subordinates.
- Preparing, examining, and analyzing accounting records for accuracy and completeness.
- Maintaining financial security by following internal controls.
- Preparing Payroll.
- Prepares financial reports and reconciliation ensuring conformance to reporting and procedural standards.
- Advises administrative management as to procedures concerning expenditures and other accounting practices.
- Maintains accounting and budget records.
- Researches, analyzes, and uses independent judgment in a variety of daily and non-routine decisions affecting assigned function.
- Reviews statements of accounting information and other reports provided by the university general ledger system.
Conditions of Service: Medical Aid, Leave and Pension Benefits are offered. The information on salary and other benefits will be made available to the short-listed candidates.
Soft copies in a single continuous PDF file of each of the following: application letter, certified copies of educational and professional certificates, national identity card, birth certificate and curriculum vitae giving full personal particulars including full name, place and date of birth, qualifications and previous employment and experience, present salary, date of availability, telephone number, email address, names and addresses of three referees including email addresses should be sent to: [email protected] or hand delivered to:
Human Resources Section
Gwanda State University
Epoch Mine Campus
P O Box 30
The closing date for the receipt of applications is Friday, 03 June 2022.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Related Jobs (9)
Finance and Administration Graduate Trainee (Harare) on June 21, 2022 Internship