Area Administration Officer x 3
- Post Date:September 17, 2021
- Views 971
- Career Level OfficerQualification DiplomaExperience 3-5 Years
City of Harare is inviting suitable applicants for vacant positions that have arisen in its various Departments.
POSITION : AREA ADMINISTRATION OFFICER (3) – 3 Posts
GRADE : 9
LOCATION : DISTRICTS
DEPARTMENT : HOUSING AND COMMUNITY SERVICES
REPORTING TO : DISTRICT OFFICER
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced candidates to fill in the above vacant positions in the Districts Administration Division of the Housing and Community Services Department.
Responsible for the day to day administration duties in the District to ensure effective coordination of service delivery and support services.
Key Result Areas
- Assists the District Officer in the day to day administration of the District.
- Procurement of material requirements at the District Office.
- Prepares and maintains up to date registers at the District Office.
- Preparation of several reports at the District Office for the attention of the District Office.
- Identifies and complies illegal activities for the attention of the District Officer.
- Controls usage of Council equipment. buildings machinery vehicles and materials.
- Liaises with housing management on allocations. evictions, sale by public auction, cessions, deceased estates and certificates of occupation and new housing projects.
- Performs any other duties within the context of the job as assigned by the District Officer from time to time.
Qualifications and Experience
- At least 5‘O’ levels including English
- A University Degree in Social Sciences/Administration plus at least 3 years relevant experience OR
- A Diploma in Local Governance/ Administration plus at least 4 years’ experience in an administrative environment.
- Customer focus
- Ethics and integrity
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing
- Excellent supervisory skills
Compensation and Benefits
A competitive salary commensurate with the post and other benefits will be disclosed to successful candidates.
NB: City of Harare is an equal opportunities employer. Female applicants are encouraged to apply.
Written applications and detailed Curriculum Vitae including certified copies of relevant certificates should be clearly marked, on the envelope, the position being applied for submitted to:
The Acting Human Capital Director
P.O. Box 1680
Rowan Martin Building
OR hand delivered to:
Records Office.Basement, Room B32, Rowan Martin Building, Harare
To arrive not later than 22nd September 2021
CANVASSING WILL DISQUALIFY APPLICANTS
City of Harare is an equal opportunities employer
Related Jobs (33)
Research Consultant (SSA-9): 4 months (50 days) contract duration on October 18, 2021 Consultancy
Head of Project (Harare) – Forecast Based Action (FbA) on October 16, 2021 Full Time