- Post Date:August 17, 2021
- Views 333
- Career Level OtherQualification DegreeExperience 3-5 Years
- Industry Construction
ActionAid Zimbabwe is a global justice organization working in over 40 countries, taking sides with people living in poverty and exclusion to achieve social justice, poverty eradication and gender equality.
ActionAid Zimbabwe seeks to engage an Architectural designer to establish a disability friendly Youth Hub in Hopley. The youth hub will serve as a physical space, to give young women and men in Hopley a meeting place, where they can get help and tools to implement their dreams. The Youth Hub will be located in Hopley at a place easily accessible by the young people. The activities to be offered at the hub will bring young people, who under “normal” circumstances would have minimal interaction with each other. For example, young people selling sex, religious youth group members, young illegal drug traders, early school leavers, teen mothers and child brides.
The Architectural designer will be expected to carry out the following: Concept site layout, Floor plans elevations, Longitudinal section drawings, Foundation section detailed drawings, 3D computer massing and visualizations, 3D computer realistic rendering and post editing, Drainage plans, Cross section drawings, Roof plans, Door schedules, Drain sections, Site plans, Window schedules, Site visits during the initial reflection meetings with the youths and community members, Roof section details, Printing for council submissions (A0) and Construction notes of the entire building structure for the contractors.
Interested service providers should submit the following documents:
- Technical proposal comprising the following:
- Expression of interest explaining your methodology and workplan for how you will approach and complete the assignment; indicating how you will be able to adopt the user involvement concept in the process in this case the youths (max 2 pages)
- Samples of previous similar work done, please note this should include contactable references in a similar environment
- At least contacts of three referees who can vouch for the quality of your previous work. Indicative activity based financial proposal;
- The financial proposal should show a detailed breakdown of all costs per activity in an Excel spreadsheet. The project is going to sit on a total of 500 square meters of land.
- Applications should be sent via email to [email protected] Given the spread of COVID-19 across the globe, no hard copies will be accepted.
Get the full terms of reference here: https://zimbabwe.actionaid.org/…/architectural-designer…
NB: Please note that whilst all applicants will be assessed strictly on their individual merits, qualified women are especially encouraged to apply. Please further note that although we value all applications, we unfortunately can only respond to short-listed candidates.
Deadline: 25 August 2021
Related Jobs (31)
District Strategic Information Evaluation Assistant on October 25, 2021 Contract
Fitter & Turner on October 25, 2021