Apprenticeship Training Intake 2022
- Post Date:May 4, 2022
- Views 586
- Career Level StudentQualification CertificateExperience Fresh
- Industry Manufacturing
Tongaat Hulett is an agricultural and agro-processing business which includes integrated components of land management and property development. Through its sugar operations, Tongaat Hulett produces renewable energy, in the form of biofuel production and electricity generation is of increasing importance to the business. The current focus prioritizes the business leveraging its asset base in the region. Tongaa Hulett is well placed to capitalize on the company’s unconstrained access to sugar markets, its independent position and established business platform and size.
Tongaat Hulett Zimbabwe operations has approximately 15 000 employees. The Zimbabwe operations consist of two sugar mills with a combined installed capacity of 640 000 tons of raw and Sun Sweet brown sugar, a backend refinery and ethanol plant with capacity to produce 60 000 tons of high quality refined white sugar and 40 million litres of fuel grade ethanol. The company’s Huletts brand has consistently been acknowledged as the leading sugar brand in Zimbabwe.
The company operates an on-site modern Industrial Training Centre as part of its technical skills development initiative, which includes the training of apprentices. Opportunities have arisen for recently qualified and interested High School graduates to train in the following Apprenticeship trades:
- Auto Electrical
- Boiler making
- Diesel Plant Fitting
- Fitting and Machining
- Motor Mechanics
The Minimum Requirements for Apprenticeship Training Are:
- Five “O” Level subject passes with grade C or better to include English, Mathematics and Science. Passes in technical subjects such as Carpentry, Metalwork and Technical Graphics will be an added advantage.
- A” Level passes in Mathematics and Physics will be a requirement for candidates aspiring for the Instruments Technician trade.
- Applicants for Motor Mechanics, Diesel Plant Fitting and Auto-Electrical trades will require a clean class four driver’s license or a valid learner’s license.
- A Clearance letter from the Registrar of Apprenticeship Training.
- Applicants should be between 16 and 23 years of age on the date of application.
While these positions are open to all qualifying candidates, female applicants are encouraged to apply.
Applications accompanied by a CV showing age, contact details and educational qualifications as well as certified copies of educational certificates, birth certificate, national ID card, clearance letter and driver’s license should be submitted to [email protected] by close of business Friday 06 May 2022.
NB: Only short-listed candidates will be responded to.
Related Jobs (25)
Team Lead, Youth Political Attitudes and Behavior Assessment on June 22, 2022 Contract
Systems Strengthening Lead on June 22, 2022