Anti- Money Laundering/ Counter Finance Terrorism Analyst
- Post Date:March 15, 2022
- Views 497
- Career Level AnalystQualification DegreeExperience 3-5 Years
- Industry Banking
Business Unit: Compliance
Geographical Area: Zimbabwe
Vacancy Manager: Head of the Department
Purpose of the job
To support the implementation of the Financial Crime Compliance and Financial Crime Risk Management Policies and Frameworks, alongside the wider Compliance and Risk Management Framework of ABC Holdings (Zimbabwe) Limited – the Group. This role will also fulfil the regulatory requirement of AMLO, who will support the Head of Compliance in ensuring that the group complies with all applicable AML/ CFT regulatory requirements and the Group’s AML/CFT and Anti Financial Crime policies
Main Focus Areas
- To ensure that the Financial Crime Compliance and Risk Management Strategies are communicated, and that action steps and projects are implemented.
- Financial Crime Strategy circulated, communicated, and implemented across the Group– evidenced by agendas from training and awareness sessions
- To keep abreast of new and drafted Financial Crime legislation and other industry requirements in Zimbabwe by monitoring local regulatory developments that might have an impact on business Compliance.
- To input into the regulatory universe and regulatory body list following updates to relevant Financial Crime Compliance regulations.
- Participation in Financial Crime regulatory development forums and subscription to regulatory alerts
- Evidence of Financial Crime regulatory updates present in regulatory universe.
- To input into the design of the Compliance whistleblowing, declarations, and data analytics systems to the IT committee, with a specific focus on Financial Crime Compliance system requirements.
- To ensure that use of FC Compliance IT systems is communicated across the Group and that the processes are understood and adopted.
- To work with Marketing and L&D to deliver customer awareness programmes, focusing on Financial Crime regulations and how they affect the customer banking experience.
- To work with L&D to deliver effective role-based Compliance awareness training programmes and projects to advise business about current and/or pending legislative requirements
- To work with L&D to deliver Compliance function training, including material on Compliance methodology such as monitoring techniques and reporting mechanisms. Specific focus to be on the monitoring of Financial Crime.
- Maintain Financial Crime risk profiles and reports for BancABC agendas from training and awareness sessions.
Qualifications and Work Experience
- Minimum of an appropriate Bachelors’ degree in Banking, Accounting, Risk Management, Law or Auditing, IT, Economics, or other relevant Business Degree.
- A supplementary qualification in Compliance Management, or Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist desirable, but not required.
- More than 3 years’ experience of working in the financial sector within an Anti-Financial Crime, Regulatory Compliance, Exchange Control, Retail Banking, Auditing, Internal Control Operations, or Risk Functional area is essential.
Skills and Competencies:
- Innovative and agile
- Excellent IT skills
- Positive attitude.
- Efficient Time management.
- Ambitious and energetic, able to get things done.
- Confident and resilient.
- Ability to use excel at Intermediate level a must
- Good presentation skills
- Good leadership qualities.
- Excellent communicator and motivator.
- Team player.
- Leadership qualities – natural leader and team player with strong influencing skills.
- Problem solver
- Analytical person
Interested applicants who meet the job requirements should e-mail their CVs to [email protected] with the Heading: “ AML/CFT Analyst”.
APPOINTMENTS WILL BE MADE IN COMPLIANCE WITH BancABC’s RECRUITMENT POLICY.
Closing Date: 17 March 2022 @ 1630 hrs.