Agronomy Procurement Manager – Mutare
- Post Date:March 10, 2021
- Views 381
- Career Level ManagerQualification DegreeExperience 1-3 Years
Our Client in the Agriculture Sector is looking for an Agronomy Procurement Manager. Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced candidates to fill the position. The incumbent reports to the CEO.
Only applicants with experience in the Agro-produce industry should apply!
To coordinate between Procurement and Agronomy by leading and driving the sourcing, negotiating and procurement activities of agro-produce for the Group. Emphasis will be on ensuring the group secures and procures required agro-produce timeously through negotiating for competitive prices, procuring the correct quality and quantities as guided by the Group’s strategic objectives.
- Work with the agronomy department and lead procurement with regards to sourcing and procurement of agro-produce based on seasonal availability and planned cropping.
- Work closely with the agronomy department in order to understand planting and yield schedules.
- Work with the demand planner and agronomy department to ensure that the Group’s
- agro-produce requirements are met within required timelines.
- Lead negotiations for agro-produce ensuring that the group is paying competitive prices.
- Lead and manage procurement of agro–produce in accordance with the Group’s policies
- Prepare and submit timely agro related reports and presentations as required or assigned by the procurement executive
- When importing agro-produce, lead during interface with regulatory agro-value chain actors i.e. AMA, GMB, Ministry of Agriculture, Agritex etc
- On-going market surveys and price comparisons on agro-produce.
Skills & Knowledge:
- Knowledge of agro-produce grown in Zimbabwe and regionally
- Knowledge of small/large scale growers/suppliers in Zimbabwe
- Experience in developing and implementing agro–produce sourcing plans, buying plans and budgeting
- Drive, energy and the determination to create a rewarding and impactful role in an organisation where change is occurring rapidly
- Commercial focus
- Ability to interact positively at all levels and a good team player
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and supplier/grower interaction skills
- Excellent organisational and leadership skills
- Able to prioritise and multi-task particularly when working under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Can demonstrate initiative and the ability to be proactive, while also being able to implement assigned tasks and provide support to the Procurement Executive
- Financial literacy an added advantage
Qualifications & Experience:
- Agronomy/Agriculture degree or related qualifications required
- Procurement degree or related qualification an added advantage
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in fresh produce/Agro – produce industry
- A clean class four valid driver’s licence
Salary – Highly Negotiable
Email CVs to Mirriam Dzapasi: [email protected]
Please send your CV in word format. Also provide your current salary and benefits details!
Related Jobs (8)
Agricultural Technologies and Engineering Supervisor on June 14, 2021 Full Time