Agriculture Development Analyst
- Post Date:August 2, 2021
- Views 437
- Career Level AnalystQualification DegreeExperience 3-5 Years
- Industry Business
A Career Opportunity in the Financial Services Sector
Reporting to the Business Development Manager this position will be responsible for planning approaches to data gathering, analysis, construct methods and tools specifically developed or adapted to agriculture and other value-added services to related industries. Further the data gathered will help to uncover patterns in mechanisation, determine innovative analysis of supply chains, and enhance strategic value networks in the Agricultural sector.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides good data on market orientation and competitor intelligence, as well as the complex interactions compiling, validating and analysing data.
- Provides good data on the status of change or continuous improvement to value chain management performance on economic trends within agriculture to aid risk planning.
- Provides good data on vertical and horizontal co-innovative behavior; in particular, the employment of both local and international networks of knowledge, ideas, technical know how, market and competitive intelligence.
- Tabulates and tests both quantitative and qualitative evidence to address the initial propositions, creating reports to effectively present key results.
- Assist with project and product design helping to maintain a high quality and efficient service.
- Develop alternatives rather than extrapolate trends include qualitative as well as quantitative approaches to support reinsurance accounts and new product designs
- Develops and implements a diverse field research programs for current and developing products in the Zimbabwe Agricultural value chain space.
- Support other team members/group companies in analysing data and presenting results.
- Ensures that high efficiency levels on equipment utilisation are maintained.
- Supervises the agricultural equipment booking platform.
Job Skills and Competencies
- Methodical yet innovative approach and be able to collate, analyse and interrogate data, with exceptional attention to detail.
- Excellent computer skills, with the ability to work with Excel and SQL Server databases.
- Experience of farming preferably within the Agriculture and mechanisation sector is a distinct advantage.
- A good team player but with the initiative and drive to work on their own.
- Prepares reports and summaries for all Field research trials, based on input from field teams, extension officers, supporting Ministries and farmers’ needs.
- Ability to manage timelines and work under pressure to tight deadlines.
- Willingness and ability to provide superior customer service and must be a proven resource for innovation.
- Good analytical, report writing and communication skills.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor of statistics, operations research, finance, actuarial or economics /mathematics degree from a recognized university
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in modelling development and validation
- Working knowledge of statistics and data interpretation an added advantage
- Project management experience a plus
- At least 10 years relevant post-graduate experience of which five years should be at managerial level.
Interested candidates should submit applications, accompanied by a detailed resume by no later than 12 August 2021. All applications should be emailed to [email protected] clearly indicating the position you are applying for as your E-mail Subject Reference.
Please note that only short-listed applicants will be responded to.