Agricultural Manager (Dairy)
- Post Date:March 30, 2021
- Views 364
- Career Level ManagerQualification DegreeExperience 3-5 Years
Location: Zimbabwe, Harare
The main purpose of this role is to achieve targets on volume, quality and factory landed cost through efficient operations, continuous improvements and benchmarking, in order to ensure compliance and competitive sustainable supply:
- Lead Agriculture Service Department fullfulling business expectations for fresh milk volume and future plan in dairy development in the cluster
- Manager of specific discipline or department: Quality, Safety, Transport, Supplier Development, Experimental & Development Farms Leader, Leader Agronomist both Markets as at Center
A day in the life of…
Agricultural Services Manager:
- Responsable for the overall management of the direct sourcing operation of the Fresh Milk in scope, Dairy Development as per Cluster 4 dairy foot print including the milk transportaion (Thirdparty), handling the farmer agreements for procurment of milk and services when needed, and of the effective usage of all available resources. Provide insight on local competition and context.
- Launch and drive all Nestlé initiatives (namely NCE), tools and projects as required to ensure the achievement of all targets and KPIs (cost, quality, volumes, people …), in line with the business priorities. Lead improvement projects on existing sourcing, namely projects aiming at meeting our quality norms for the raw materials sourced (ex: Saturday)
- Execute the market/region strategies for the direct sourcing of the raw materials required, in line with Nestlé policies and business needs. Develop new sourcings as per business needs.
- Launch and drive all initiatives aiming at developping sustainable agriculture and farmers, thus contributing to sustainable rural development.
- Ensure and develop the compliance of the direct sourcing operations with Nestlé Responsible Sourcing principles.
- Ensure and develop the connection with the rural community: farmers, associations, industry, competitors …..
- Lead, coach and train team members to ensure personal development and succession planning
What will make you successful
- Post Graduated University degree or equivalent in agriculture, food sciences, veterinary, rural economics or equivalent
- 3-5 years experience in Managerial position
- Experience in the product category sourced i.e Milk/Dairy
- Demonstrated capability to lead groups
- Demonstrated and on the field experience in rural development project
- Broad knowledge and understanding of agriculture, livestock and raw material production
To apply, please CLICK HERE