Advocacy & PME Officer
- Post Date:March 14, 2022
- Views 618
- Career Level OfficerQualification DegreeExperience 3-5 Years
- Industry Non Governmental
Starting Date: 1 April 2022 or 1 May 2022
The Centre for Conflict Management and Transformation (CCMT) is a Non-Governmental Organization registered as a Trust and based in Harare. We work to transform the ways in which societies deal with conflict – away from adversarial approaches and towards collaborative problem solving.
The Advocacy & PME Officer implements relevant networking, lobbying and advocacy initiatives with a variety of stakeholders and ensures appropriate progress tracking and data collection for monitoring and evaluation of project results. The position will be responsible for conducting policy research and analysis, implementing high impact advocacy activities, developing and maintaining stakeholder relationships, packaging and disseminating information to promote the work and key messages of the organization, maintaining and improving the PMEL system, ensuring accurate and timely data collection and triangulation, and supporting organizational learning and knowledge management processes. The work of the Advocacy & PME Officer will be supported by an Advocacy & PME Advisor and involves two projects focusing on displacement/land conflicts and irrigation scheme governance.
Key responsibilities and duties
- Strengthen and support lobbying and advocacy initiatives and engagements with government, local authorities, civil society, private sector, media, academia and citizens;
- Identify relevant networks, platforms and stakeholders, develop and maintain stakeholder relationships, and attend, convene and facilitate regular stakeholder meetings;
- Prepare and facilitate multi-level and multi-stakeholder meetings, policy dialogues, workshops and trainings, as required;
- Conduct in-depth policy research and analysis, develop evidence-based recommendations and key messages, prepare and dispatch a variety of credible advocacy materials (reports, policy briefs, position papers etc) and make presentations to relevant audiences;
- Monitor the operational environment, track relevant policy development / implementation processes at local, national and international levels, and support management and project staff in identifying opportunities and challenges for policy influencing;
- Support management and project staff in designing and implementing high impact advocacy projects, strategies and frameworks with S.M.A.R.T. goals (specific, measurable, achievable, relevant, time-bound);
- Design and implement communication campaigns / strategies and arrange and conduct media engagements to promote the work and key messages of the organization;
- Develop and disseminate tailor-made information content to a variety of stakeholders, the media and wider public (e.g press releases, project updates, stories of change, newsletter);
- Regularly update and share engaging content on the website and social media handles, attract relevant audiences, and track and analyze content engagements and interactions;
- Guide and support project staff in collecting, compiling, editing and packaging information and media content required for communications purposes.
PME (Planning, Monitoring, Evaluation)
- Design and implement adequate methods and procedures to support progress tracking, organizational learning, knowledge management and information sharing;
- Maintain and improve the PMEL (Planning, Monitoring, Evaluation, Learning) system and coordinate and facilitate data collection and analysis processes at project and organizational level;
- Ensure compliance of project staff with activity planning, reporting and documentation procedures / requirements and perform regular quality controls and backstopping;
- Develop and track project results frameworks, S.M.A.R.T. indicators, M&E frameworks and M&E plans, as required;
- Develop data collection methods and tools, guide project staff on how to use them, ensure timely and accurate data collection, and conduct M&E meetings / visits to triangulate data and harvest outcomes;
- Regularly organize and analyze collected data, track and assess project progress vis-à-vis expected results, and report and present consolidated findings to management and project staff;
- Ensure appropriate activity evaluation and feedback processes and facilitate an accessible complaints mechanism for target groups and project stakeholders;
- Develop and maintain an orderly document filing, storage and backup system, guide staff on naming / filing conventions, and support digitalisation of data and data collection / analysis;
- Support management and project staff in preparing project proposals and reports and in facilitating regular review and planning meetings.
Qualification, experience and skills
- University degree in Political Sciences, Social Sciences, Development Studies, Law or other relevant fields from a reputable institution;
- At least 3 years relevant work experience in civil society or the public sector, with proven experience in advocacy / policy influencing as well as with results-based M&E systems;
- Knowledge and experience in natural resource governance, local governance and / or conflict management are an added advantage;
- Skills and experiences in communications / media editing are an added advantage;
- Excellent analytical and writing skills, attention to detail, diligence and integrity;
- Excellent communication skills and good team player;
- Strong time-management skills and ability to proactively set targets and self-organize work; Well spoken and written English.
If you are interested to work in a small team of dedicated colleagues and have the necessary qualification, experience and attitude, we are looking forward to receiving your CV and application letter via email by the 16th March. In your application letter please outline your motivation and the special attributes, skills or work experiences which distinguish you from other applicants. Credible references are essential. Kindly email your application to [email protected]
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 16 March 2022