Advocacy Manager/Lobbyist (Dairy)
- Post Date:February 24, 2022
- Views 66
- Career Level ManagerQualification Master’s DegreeExperience 5-10 Years
- Industry Agriculture
An FMCG is seeking an Advocacy Manager/Lobbyist. This is a new position and the incumbent will be a primary lobbyist for the company in affairs with the government/regulatory authorities. Incumbent will work to advance the priorities of the company with the government. The ideal candidate will have a strong background working in or with the Ministry of Agriculture under the Dairy section. In addition he or she will have a strong understanding and experience with regulatory processes and issues as well as the ability to think strategically and desire to work in a strong team-oriented culture. Knowledge of the dairy industry matters is a must.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Developing strategies to achieve company goals in coordination with senior leadership and shareholders
- Regular meetings and interfacing with relevant government/Ministry officials and maintaining relationship with key stakeholders.
- Develop and foster positive working relationships with relevant government departments
- Conduct regular and consistent tracking, review and monitoring of relevant proposed legislation as well as regulation and policy from government or regulatory agencies.
- Regular analysis and reporting on legislative developments affecting the sector
- Attend to all relevant communication from and to government and regulatory authorities
- Represent the company at assigned meetings with government officials and regulatory authorities.
- Msc in Animal Sciences / Animal Nutrition
- 7+ years experience in Agriculture Ministry under the livestock/dairy section
- Strong written and oral presentation skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to analyze and summarize complex legislation and regulatory documents
- Understanding of legislative process
- Proficiency in basic business computer software (Microsoft Suite,)
EMAIL CV to [email protected] by the 27th of February 2022.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.