Advocacy and Communications Officer
- Post Date:October 12, 2021
- Views 263
- Career Level OfficerQualification DegreeExperience 3-5 Years
- Industry Non Governmental
Bantwana Zimbabwe (BZ) seeks suitably qualified and experienced Advocacy and Communications Officer for a CDC/Zim-TTECH funded Determined, Resilient, Empowered, AIDS-free, Mentored, and Safe (DREAMS) women program. The DREAMS Program aims to reduce new HIV infections amongst adolescent girls and young women. The project is being implemented in four Matabeleland North districts namely Bubi, Lupane, Nkayi and Tsholotsho. Bantwana Zimbabwe will implement four core sets of interventions namely,
- HIV prevention, condom education, gender norms change, social assets building and sexual violence prevention;
- Education Subsidies and primary, secondary and Part-Time and Continuing Education support;
- Combination of socioeconomic approaches for caregivers layered with positive parenting;
- Economic empowerment for AGYW (financial literacy, work readiness and employability trainings, vocational training for market-driven technical skills, internships).
The Advocacy and Communications Officer will be responsible for implementing the communications and advocacy strategy for the organisation. The candidate must be a good team player who can work well with the other staff, as well as with organisation’s stakeholders. Excellent written and oral communication skills are a must. The incumbent will be reporting to the Executive Director.
The Advocacy and Communications Officer will be expected to:
- Develop and implement the communications strategy, with a defined action plan for the financial year;
- Work with district and regional teams to produce success stories on the project;
- Consolidate monthly and quarterly reports; Support the engagement of photo and videographer(s) and work with them to document stories of significant change;
- Develop content for print and social media following Bantwana Zimbabwe and ZimPAAC’s corporate guidelines;
- Develop corporate branding for organisational and project specific IEC materials working with the programs team;
- Liaise with Media on behalf of the organization identifying opportunities for media advocacy, engage with the media for awareness raising and advocacy;
- Produce press statements, releases, supplements and newsletters for the organization;
- Produce promotional material for visibility and awareness raising;
- Create and maintain a photo and video archive for the project;
- Work with vendors in managing event and other activities;
- Management of project promotional materials, development / production of communication and advocacy materials, such as drafting articles, content management, norms for publishing and design;
- Perform any other duties assigned by the Executive Director.
Qualifications, experience and other requirements
- A degree in Mass Communication, Journalism, English, Development Studies, and or any other relevant subject;
- 3 years’ experience working in Advocacy and Communications in an NGO environment;
- Willingness to travel regularly within to Bulawayo, Bubi, Lupane, Tsholotsho and/or Nkayi;
- Adept knowledge of the DREAMS program; Language skills in Shona and Ndebele are an added advantage;
- A minimum of 3 years of progressively responsible experience in communication activities within Development Projects is required;
- Excellent ability to deliver strategic insight and analysis on communications and media strategies relevant to security sector institutions;
- Experience with print and/or electronic and broadcast media, as well as developing communication initiatives.
Please submit a cover letter, CV, and three references (including name, organization, phone number, and email address) to [email protected] with position title in the subject line.
Due to the anticipated high volume of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 15 October 2021
Related Jobs (31)
Research Consultant (SSA-9): 4 months (50 days) contract duration on October 18, 2021 Consultancy
Head of Project (Harare) – Forecast Based Action (FbA) on October 16, 2021 Full Time