Advocacy and Communications Assistant (Re-advertisement)
- Post Date:January 18, 2022
- Views 490
- Career Level AssistantQualification DegreeExperience 1-3 Years
- Industry Health Care
Zimbabwe Young Positives (ZY+), is a youth- led and serving organization that was established in 2013 as a network of Adolescents and young people living with HIV in Zimbabwe. The organisation has a nation-wide coverage.
Under the overall guidance and the direct supervision of the National Coordinator, the Advocacy and Communication Assistant will support the READY+ project that seeks to create resilient powerful adolescent and young people living with HIV (A&YPLHIV).
- Supervise and offer support to adolescents and youth living with HIV in their diversity namely CATS Mentors, District Focal Persons and Gender Champions;
- Ensuring that all adolescents and young people (18-24 years) have access to quality HIV and other health related services.
- Conduct field visits to monitor and support implementation of the READY+ project.
- Compile quarterly reports on the READY+ project and to participate in online meetings.
- Facilitate the identification, tracking and address of advocacy issues.
- Collect and enter advocacy data into an online system.
- Profile ZY+ work via social media platforms.
- Build strategic partnerships with civil society, donors, government and corporations, UN entities and other organisations to enhance collective response to HIV/ AIDS and provide support in development of grant proposals.
- Develop stories of change for ZY+ newsletter.
Qualifications and experience
- University degree in media and communications, journalism; or similar communication platform.
- Be a young person with the knowledge of HIV programming and experience working with young people living with HIV.
- Be a young person below the age of 25 years with the knowledge of using online systems and document real time data.
- Have demonstrated commitment to HIV and community health issues.
- Ability to capture information and visuals that can be used across various media platforms.
If you meet the above criteria and you have the drive, send your application letter and CV with three contactable referees to:
The Executive Director,
28 Divine Road,
Or via email [email protected] (applications reviewed on a rolling basis)
Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis. For those who applied before there is no need to re-apply. Young KPs who meet the set criteria are strongly encouraged to apply
Deadline: 21 February 2022