- Post Date:August 16, 2021
- Views 665
- Career Level OtherQualification DegreeExperience 5-10 Years
- Industry Health Care
The African Awareness of Cancer and Early Diagnosis (AWACAN-ED) project has been awarded an NIHR Global Research Group grant to improve early diagnosis of cancer in Sub-Saharan Africa. The project aims to answer important questions about how to encourage appropriate help-seeking behaviour among people with possible cancer symptoms and how to deliver high-quality, accessible, and equitable cancer referral and diagnosis services.
AWACAN-ED research team seeks to appoint an experienced, suitably trained, competent, talented, multi-tasking, self-motivated and qualified applicants to fill the position of Administrator. The incumbent will be based in Harare as part of the team supporting the AWACAN-ED study. He/she will be responsible for supporting and planning research activities. This is a full-time 1-year contract position, renewable on a yearly basis for 4 years subject to good performance.
- Provides administrative and research support to Junior Research Fellow and Field Coordinators.
- To ensure Scientific, administrative, and operational issues related to AWACAN-ED research activities are above board.
- Act as the point person for Institutional Review Boards (IRBs) and Regulatory Authorities for the Study including maintaining of the expiry dates for the IRBs working with the Junior Research Fellow.
- Should be able to do literature search for scientific articles, draft power-point presentations;
- Oversee the upkeep of the regulatory documents and IRB submission preparations.
- Oversee preparation for external and internal monitoring visits (if any).
- Assist the Junior Research Fellow to monitor site activities and procedures to ensure that the Standard Operating Procedures remain relevant to current practice.
- Participate in study budget preparation and review of monthly ledger reports.
- Develop and manage a transportation schedule for the project’s vehicles.
- Develop and maintain a system of controlling an inventory of Study assets.
- Participate in Study related meetings and carry out any other duties as deemed necessary.
- Degree in Administration/Business studies or any related qualification.
- At least 5 years of demonstrated similar work experience working with NGOs and knowledge of Cancer issues in Zimbabwe.
- Ability to thrive in a high-pace atmosphere and perform as a team player as well as demonstrated ability to take initiative and work independently.
- Proficiency in MS Office packages and other relevant programs.
- Fluency in English, excellent writing interpersonal and communications skills and experience working with Government structures will be an added advantage.
Interested candidates should forward applications and detailed curriculum vitae to [email protected] clearly marked “Administrator” in the REFERENCE area of the mail.
Deadline: 22 August 2021
Related Jobs (14)
Logistics Assistant on December 6, 2021