Administrative Assistant - Research & Innovation Directorate
- Post Date:January 19, 2022
- Views 602
- Career Level AssistantQualification DegreeExperience 3-5 Years
- Industry Education
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the position of ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT – RESEARCH AND INNOVATION DIRECTORATE at the University of Zimbabwe.
RESEARCH AND INNOVATION DIRECTORATE
Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinating staff of the Directorate including organising and scheduling meetings and staff appointments.
- Organizing travel arrangements, such as booking flights, cars, and hotel reservations.
- Receiving and keeping an inventory of all grant proposal applications in close collaboration with the Grants Manager.
- Providing general support to visitors to the Directorate and the University of Zimbabwe Innovation Hub.
- Controlling budgets in liaison with the Executive Director
- Liaising with the Procurement Unit in the procurement of goods and equipment for the Directorate
- Procurement of consumables for the Directorate
- Keeping an inventory of all consumables
- Preparing reports for Executive Director
- Any other duties assigned by the Directorate
Qualifications and Experience
- A minimum of a Bachelors Degree in Business Administration or Management, Information or Records Management from reputable Institutions
- A minimum of 4 years’ post qualification experience in Administration
- Good time management, interpersonal skills and ability to communicate at all levels
- Possession of a relevant Master’s Degree is an added advantage.
All applications will be treated in strictest confidence. Six copies of applications, including a curriculum vitae, giving full personal particulars indicating full name, place and date of birth: certified copies of national identification, birth certificate, proof of qualifications, employment and experience, present salary, telephone number and names and addresses of three referees should be addressed to:
Deputy Registrar, Human Resources
University of Zimbabwe
P.O. Box MP 167,
Or Hand delivered to the Administration Block, door number 113
The closing date for the receipt of applications is Friday, 21 January 2022.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.