Administrative Assistant / Driver
- Post Date:January 28, 2022
- Views 380
- Career Level OtherQualification DiplomaExperience 3-5 Years
- Industry Non Governmental
Salary: Local Terms & Conditions apply
Contract: 1 year fixed term contract
Reports to: Finance and Support Services Officer
Department: Finance and Support/ECSA- Zimbabwe Country Office
Sightsavers has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Administrative Assistant / Driver to provide support to our Zimbabwe country office.
Driving and vehicle management – 50%
- Drive Sightsavers staff and visitors for project visits in the programme areas as required and fill in the log books daily and prepare trip summary report;
- Regularly share your travel/driving support schedule with Finance and Support Services Manager and finally the entire team for their attention;
- Undertake care and maintenance of the organization’s vehicles;
- Immediately report any repair needs for office vehicles;
- Keep the vehicles that you drive clean, properly maintained and fuelled at the designated service stations;
- Prepare vehicle monthly fuel consumption analysis report and forward to Finance for payment processing;
- Develop and maintain a regular schedule for all vehicles’ servicing, road licences and insurance renewals;
- Share this schedule / report (including vehicle fuel consumption reports) on monthly basis to the Finance & Support services Officer Assistant (for review) and Finance & Support Services Manager (for approval);
- Ensure that all accidents and incidents are documented and the report shared with Finance and Support Services Manager, Country Director and relevant government authorities.
Administration Functions – 45%
- Occupy the reception desk and welcome any visitors to the office;
- Direct visitors to appropriate staff, attend visitors whilst waiting and provide general information on Sightsavers’ work as appropriate and operate the office telephone switchboard (incoming and outgoing calls on behalf of staff);
- Undertake administrative tasks and duties including running errands including dispatch of payments / cheques to various vendors, mail collection, delivery & distribution of letters;
- Assist Office Administrator in ensuring that all materials / goods ordered are received as per order and stored immediately after delivery;
- Ensuring that all materials / goods ordered are received as per order and stored according to standard and made available to user as when required: this includes clearing arrangements (where necessary) and delivery arrangements to appropriate staff and partners;
- Support in clearing arrangements of office equipment / vehicles and arrange for delivery to appropriate destinations including partner offices;
- In consultation with Office Administrator support conducting quarterly verification / counting of all office stocks, fixed assets and timely provide reports for management records;
- Ensure all office equipment such as Office Generator, Air Conditions, Water Dispensers, Photocopier, Printers, telephones etc. are in good operational state;
- Reports immediately any problems regarding the functionality of office equipment taking place and / or any damages observed;
- Ensure availability at all times of electricity, gas and water for office use and business continuity.
Other Duties – 5%
- Provide logistical support during workshops and field visits by the team, including taking of photographs and support in developing interesting case stories;
- Maintain good communication with visitors / guests, office and project staff, service providers and consultants;
- Any other duties related to your positions as may be assigned by the Finance and Support Services Manager / Country Director.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have a diploma (or equivalent) in Business Administration, Business Management or equivalent;
- Have a certificate in Transport logistics;
- Previous working experience for a reputable organisation, preferably with an INGO;
- Knowledge of vehicle maintenance is an advantage but not essential;
- You must hold a valid can clean driving licence, be computer literate and be fluent in English and Ndebele.
Skills (Special Training or Competence)
- Computer literate with minimum of Microsoft Word & Excel;
- Holder of valid and clean National Driving;
- Minimum of 3 years accident free driving;
- Excellent experience / knowledge of etiquettes;
- Good interpersonal skills;
- High degree of integrity;
- Fluency in English and IsiNdebele;
- Good communication skills (both oral and written);
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Interpersonal and intercultural sensitivity;
- Ability to work independently;
- Quality driving; Team working;
- Social and receptive.
- Regional Office
- Zimbabwe Country Office
- Government Partners
- Suppliers and Service Providers
- Local communities
- Government agencies
- Stakeholders (other NGO’s including OPDs)
Local terms and conditions will apply.
Deadline: 30 January 2022