Administrative Assistant - Bulawayo
- Post Date:January 31, 2022
- Views 717
- Career Level AssistantQualification DiplomaExperience 3-5 Years
- Industry Non Governmental
An opportunity has arisen within a local NGO which is seeking the services of an Administrative Assistant.
The organisation seeks to recruit an Administrative Assistant who will provide administrative functions for the Bulawayo office. The officer will take care of all the administrative duties for the office ensuring that payments are processed timeously with adequate supporting documents, transactions are correctly recorded in the most efficient manner and that day-to-day administrative functions are effectively and efficiently carried out to support the various programs of the regional office.
The Administrative Assistant reports directly to the Senior Lawyer. The position collaborates closely with the Finance Department at head office to ensuring that there is adherence to organisation policies donor regulations and contractual obligations at the regional office.
The Administrative Assistant will be responsible for:
- Contributing to the budgeting process through providing information on centre expenses for administration costs as well some programme costs,
- Compiling and submitting requests for funds for the region,
- Reviewing requisitions raised by staff members,
- Processing payments,
- Ensuring all bills are settled,
- Preparing cash books and supporting documentation for submission to head office,
- Overseeing maintenance of organizational assets,
- Maintaining staff records ,
- Coordination of travel arrangements for programme staff as well as logistical arrangements for project activities,
- Consolidating monthly, quarterly and annual statistics,
- Assisting the Senior Lawyer in managing staff leave,
- Providing administration support for libraries and ensuring that subscriptions are paid as well as supervising library usage,
- Ensures availability of IEC material and distribution to centres, monitors daily office hygiene.
Qualifications & experience
Candidates must have the following:
- Minimum Diploma in Business Administration/ IAC/CIS or equivalent;
- Degree in Business Management/Administration/Accounting.
- Minimum three (3) years’ experience in an office administration preferably in an NGO environment;
- Solid knowledge of bookkeeping and reporting on donor funds;
- High level of numeracy and logical thinking;
- Ability to establish positive working relationships at various levels internally and externally;
- Strong organizational and follow-up skills;
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both written and spoken; Ability to work under pressure.
Interested individuals are required to submit an application letter and a Current CV with full contact details of at least three contactable references. Please send the CV and application letter to [email protected] specifying ‘Administrative Assistant’ in the subject line.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 1 February 2022