- Post Date:October 12, 2021
- Views 410
- Career Level AssistantQualification DiplomaExperience 1-3 Years
- Industry Health Care
Type of Contract: Fixed Term Contract
Zimbabwe Health Interventions (ZHI) is a not-for-profit human development organisation which is registered as a Trust under the Zimbabwe Deeds Registries Act (Chapter 20:05). ZHI’s mission is to develop and deliver innovative and sustainable high impact integrated health interventions with local communities while working with and strengthening existing institutions.
Under the direction of the Administrative Officer, the Administrative Assistant will be responsible for the provision of procurement and logistical services to the national office.
- Supports the Admin Officer in the implementation of procurement policy and systems for ZHI procurement at the national office level, including storage and delivery;
- Undertakes sourcing of quotations and maintains procurement tracker for field office procurements;
- Assists in the development of specifications, terms and bid comparison schedules;
- Supports the Admin Officer in the maintenance of an efficient record of inventory and storage of all office supplies;
- Performs periodic physical inventory and reconciles with inventory records.
- Assists in determining proper inventory levels, ordering points, and ordering quantities;
- Performs office equipment tasks such as making needed arrangement for services for telephone and e-mail, obtaining quotations for required services, arranging for repairs of office equipment;
- Supports the planning, coordination and allocation of office space in consultation with relevant parties;
- Supports the process of ordering and stocking of office supplies such as stationery and other utilities to support office operations;
- Ensures appropriate tagging of office equipment, furniture and fittings;
- Oversees the upkeep, rehabilitation and maintenance of the entire office facility, and assigns and verifies completion of all repairs, replacement, renovation projects of ZHI facilities and equipment and ensures quality of work;
- Responsible for keeping and disbursing petty cash for the office and maintain the petty cash register;
- Coordinating the administrative functions at the district level to ensure smooth implementation of project activities;
- Performs any other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, skills and abilities
- Knowledge of general office practices, procurement, maintenance and administrative procedures;
- Resourceful in gathering and providing information;
- Excellent written, oral, interpersonal and organization skills;
- Ability to work well with others and to develop and maintain compatibility among project staff, subcontractors and recipients of assistance;
- Must have exceptional organizational, analytical and troubleshooting skills as well as the ability to multi-task and to prioritize tasks;
- Well developed computer skills, including knowledge of Microsoft office products.
Qualifications and experience
- Degree in Accounting, Business Administration, relevant Diploma, or recognised equivalent;
- At least 2 years of administrative support experience;
- Proven experience in general administration, procurement, asset management and events coordination
- Step 1: Complete the job application form here https://forms.office.com/r/2LTukjrgMn
- Step 2: Submit your CV and application letter via email to [email protected] clearly indicating the position you are applying for on the subject of the email.
Applications received outside the stated channels will be disqualified. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
During the application process, ZHI will not charge any fee nor will it require any payment for an application to be considered. ZHI is an equal opportunity employer and employs personnel without regard to race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, language, citizenship, creed, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, physical handicap or financial ability.
Deadline: 15 October 2021