- Post Date:September 15, 2021
- Views 557
- Career Level OfficerQualification DiplomaExperience 3-5 Years
- Industry Non Governmental
CARE began working in Zimbabwe in 1992 in response to severe regional drought and has since expanded programming to address longer-term development issues. Currently, an estimated 5.8 million people are facing severe food insecurity in Zimbabwe as a result of the human-made climate crisis.
The organisation seeks to recruit outstanding candidates who are known for their excellence, professionalism, integrity and who are committed to providing support to the country office. Interested candidates are encouraged to apply for the position posted below:
The primary role of the Admin Officer position is to provide administrative and secretarial support to the Country Office
Key duties and Responsibilities
- Receives and analyses utility bills from service providers and raises payment requests for processing by finance team
- Follows up utility bills payments and ensures proof of payment is submitted to service providers
- Engages service providers for repairs and maintenance of office equipment and assets such as generators, buildings & furniture.
- Keeps and updates a database of service providers such as plumbing, electrical, carpentry and cleaning to ensure efficient delivery of service.
- Tracks leases for the Country Office and ensures all leases are valid and renewed on time
- Follows up with landlords to ensure timely invoicing of rentals
- Monitors repairs and maintenance of CARE rented properties are carried out as and when the need arises
- Carries out pre and post inspections of CARE rented properties and takes appropriate action
- Sets up and facilitates office space in some districts as requested for new projects.
- Arranges and facilitates travel documentation like air tickets, and visas for country office staff
- Provide logistical support to the Senior Management Team and Country Office meetings and workshops.
- Facilitates and arranges for required information and appropriate documentation for international visitors such as letters of invitation, transport, hotel bookings and sends out Visitors Briefs.
- Coordinates meetings and appointments with external stakeholders for the Country Office
- Arranges for transport and logistics for the Country Office as relevant.
- Maintains a database of all contractual agreements and keeps a file of all original agreement
- Carries out on going evaluation of staff, identifies performance strengths and deficiencies, and arranges for necessary action (for example further on the job training).
- Prepares and controls budget for office consumables and maintains acceptable stock levels of consumables ensuring re-order levels are upheld
- Maintains the Country Office Asset Register and updates it on quarterly basis
- Conducts annual physical asset counts and monitors movement of assets in line with Asset Management Policy Manual.
- Maintains a systematic and easy to use filing system of property records in full compliance with the CARE USA Property Management Manual and makes information available during audits
- Supports in disposal of assets for the Country Office, working closely with the Admin and Logistics Manager.
- Monitors CARE office equipment and furniture, to ensure they are maintained in order and good working condition.
- HND in Business Studies/Administration or equivalent
- 3-4 years working experience in administration or related field
- Good organization, time management and scheduling skills.
- Basic bookkeeping experience, especially in accounts payable/receivable.
- Experiencing using office management software, including word processing software and spreadsheet
CARE is an equal opportunity employer promoting gender, equity and diversity. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children and safeguarding employees and communities from Sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse. Applications can only be accepted from people with an existing right to work in Zimbabwe.
Deadline: 22 September 2021
Related Jobs (14)
Ultra-Med Health Medical Aid Society has various vacancies available on September 20, 2021 Contract Full Time