- Post Date:May 13, 2021
- Views 718
- Career Level OfficerQualification DiplomaExperience 3-5 Years
- Industry Non Governmental
CARE International in Zimbabwe is recruiting for livelihoods, food aid and resilience project targeting Buhera and Mutare Districts (Manicaland Province) and Chivi and Zaka Districts (Masvingo Province). Takunda, which means “we have overcome” in Shona, is a 5-year USAID Bureau of Humanitarian Assistance program led by CARE in a consortium. Its aim is to increase on-farm and off-farm incomes, improve nutrition, and work with women, men, girls and boys to build resilience to shocks and stressors. The organisation seeks to recruit outstanding candidates who are known for their excellence, professionalism, integrity and who are committed to providing support to vulnerable communities in remote locations of the targeted provinces. Interested candidates are encouraged to apply for the position posted below:
The Admin Officer will be responsible for providing administrative support to the Takunda PMU Office
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Engages service providers for repairs and maintenance of office equipment and assets such as generators, buildings & furniture
- Keeps and updates a database of service providers such as plumbing, electrical, carpentry and cleaning to ensure efficient delivery of service
- Tracks leases for the Takunda offices and ensures all leases are valid and renewed on time by the country office
- Monitors repairs and maintenance of Takunda rented properties are carried out as and when the need arises
- Carries out regular inspections of Takunda rented properties and takes appropriate action
- Coordinates meetings and appointments with external stakeholders for the Takunda PMU Office
- Arranges for transport and logistics for the PMU as relevant
- Maintains a database of all contractual agreements.
- Meets with relevant staff, discusses and agrees on objectives, develops a work plan, and checks that this is being carried out.
- Trains staff or arranges for the training of staff in the understanding and compliance of Admin rules and regulations.
- Raises IPR for fuel payment for Takunda PMU vehicles and submits to the Finance & Operations Director
- Liaises with drivers and country office fleet management team on vehicle usage
- Acts as custodian of copies of Vehicle Registration books
- Maintains the Takunda PMU Asset Register
- Conducts asset counts and monitors movement of assets in line with Asset Management Policy Manual.
- Monitors all Takunda office equipment and furniture, to ensure they are maintained in order and good working condition.
- HND in Business Studies/Administration or equivalent
- 3-4 years working experience in administration or related field
- Detail oriented, adaptive thinker with good organisational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication
CARE is an equal opportunity employer promoting gender, equity and diversity.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children and safeguarding employees and communities from Sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse. CARE does not, and will never solicit money for any part of its recruitment processes including short-listing, interviews, background, and/or medical check-ups. We will not be responsible for such fraudulent correspondence or any loss of money or theft which may result from anyone engaging in any fraudulent recruitment activity
Deadline: 20 May 2021