Administration & Finance Officer
- Post Date:May 31, 2022
- Views 851
- Career Level OfficerQualification DegreeExperience 3-5 Years
- Industry Non Governmental
The Administration and Finance Officer (AFO) is responsible to assist the AFM to achieve or exceed the annual goals for the Zimbabwe Savings Group Ministry, by verifying the effectiveness of internal controls and ensuring compliance to the standard financial and administration procedures. In addition, the AFO will ensure that Administration Services are rendered to HOPE International staff members, partners, and visitors in an effective and efficient manner.
- Execute program financial processes ensuring adherence to financial policies as described in the Finance Manual.
- Delivery of administrative and human resource services.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
Spiritual Integration and Christian Witness
- Actively participating in tri-weekly devotions, monthly meetings, and annual retreat for HOPE staff in order to maintain a focus on the program’s Christ–Centered mission and to promote spiritual balance within family, work, and church life through the adoption of Biblical, personal, and spiritual disciplines
- Engage in training of HOPE Zimbabwe SG team on daily financial procedures such as purchase requests, advances, and expense reporting.
- Assist in the payment of invoices
- Assist with the management of cash needs and handle the tracking of expenditures
- Ensure partner reports are timely collected and presented to the AFM for review
- Prepare HOPE Zimbabwe SG daily bookkeeping and accounting records in NetSuite
- Conduct checks and controls to ensure partner reports are accurate
- Help provide support to HOPE Zimbabwe staff and church partner accountants as needed.
- Make sure all filing duties are properly conducted
- Assist with organizing logistics for retreats, meetings and visitors.
- Assist the AFM in keeping office supply inventory and accurate reporting of stock on a regular basis.
- Supervision of cleaning staff
- Handling and timely reporting on petty cash usage, replenishment and report
- Recording and regular follow up on payments, (rent, tax, insurance, bills, etc.)
- Maintaining and regularly updating the fixed Assets Register
- Maintain and regularly update supplier’s list according to the FM
- Actively participating in improving HOPE processes and procedures by developing and making recommendations, creating innovative methods, cutting costs, working more efficiently, etc.
- Acquaintance with all operation and financial manuals and ensure compliance is fully executed,
- Ensure all reporting tools are fully understood and fully utilized
- Follow up on audit findings to ensure that management’s audit recommendations are timely implemented
- Check and confirm the status of the closed Internal Audit issues
- Assist the AFM in conducting Financial Compliance Reviews of the HOPE partners, traveling at times to do so
- Will perform other duties as requested by the Country Director and Administration and Finance Manager.
- Engagement and full commitment to the mission and vision of HOPE International.
- Passion and willingness to learn about Savings Group programs, methodologies, and systems.
- Excellent understanding of cross-cultural communication, workplace relationships, or church relations and the ability to communicate well with others.
- Hard worker and resilient
- Highly flexible and creative, assertive, detail-oriented, self-starter with demonstrated ability to work independently as well as in collaboration with a team
- Fluent in spoken and written English and Shona. Other languages will be an added advantage.
- Excellent computer skills
- Qualifying university degree in Finance, Accounting, Administration, or similar field study.
- Knowledge of NetSuite a plus.
- Willingness to travel
How to apply:
- A motivation letter with references for recommendation.
- Certified degrees & transcripts
- Pastor’s recommendation of your local church
Deadline: 10 June 2022
Related Jobs (15)
Finance and Administration Graduate Trainee (Harare) on June 21, 2022 Internship