Administration & Finance Manager
- Post Date:August 2, 2022
- Views 296
- Career Level ManagerQualification DegreeExperience 5-10 Years
- Industry Non Governmental
Location: Harare, ZW
The Administration and Finance Manager (AFM) is to provide critical direct support to the HOPE Zimbabwe SG Country Director (CD) in field leadership and program financial management. This includes administrative support, human resource management, partner financial capacity building, long term planning and budgeting, full responsibility of head office finances and accounting, ongoing financial reporting, and key relationship management with HOPE Zimbabwe Savings Group (SG) church partners and field staff.
Promote and contribute to the fulfillment of HOPE International’s mission and vision.
Spiritual Integration and Christian Wellness
- Actively participate in tri-weekly and other devotions among HOPE staff to maintain a focus on the program’s Christ-centered mission and vision and to promote spiritual growth among staff, group members, and other associated parties.
- Ensure a personal healthy spiritual balance within family, work, and church life through the adoption of Biblical, personal, spiritual disciplines.
Relationship Building and Management
- Intentionally invest in building a strong, God-honoring relationship with the CD, head office and church partner staff
- Assist the CD in developing and maintaining excellent, productive and fruitful relationships with HOPE Zimbabwe SG ministry partner staff.
- Provide administrative and finance support to HOPE Zimbabwe SG staff through high level oversight as well as hands-on logistics support
- In all the above, ensure that relationships are marked by HOPE’s Christ-centered values.
- Assist the CD in the development of annual business plans
- Prepare the annual budget and periodic reforecasts using Adaptive, HOPE’s budgeting and financial analysis software.
- Collaborate with the HOPE Zimbabwe SG Technical Advisor to directly support church partners to develop, approve, and track annual and quarterly partner budgets and action plans.
- In conjunction with the CD, manage and monitor HOPE Zimbabwe SG cash flow and ongoing financial planning.
Financial Management, Reporting & Analysis
- Oversee implementation and compliance with HOPE International’s policies as described in the HOPE Zimbabwe SG finance manual. Recommend and implement improvements to maintain a strong internal control environment.
- Manage contact with HOPE International’s US finance department.
- Review HOPE Zimbabwe SG accounting records in QuickBooks/NetSuite . Prepare monthly journal entries following the month end close process.
- With the CD’s approval, submit requests for funding to HOPE International in a timely manner with appropriate documentation.
- Carry out all Head Office Financial Reporting functions in compliance with Finance Manual, including the timely submission of monthly financial reports and budget to actual analysis.
- Provide analysis of financial reports and actionable recommendations to CD
- Ensure that HOPE Zimbabwe SG is fully compliant with all applicable governmental regulations.
- Support church partners to continually improve financial performance within the Savings Group ministry and fully implement the Church Partner Financial Guidelines (CPFG).
- Oversee church partner’s financial reporting on HOPE granted funds and the work of the Admin and Finance Officer.
- Ensure the achievement of ministerial goals and objectives while remaining within the budget set out for HOPE Zimbabwe SG and its partners
Administrative and Human Resources Management
- In conjunction with the CD, provide administrative and human resource management, including implementation of adequate HR policies, HR manual reviews, controls, contracts, staff leave reconciliation and structures.
- Supervise the Administration and Finance Officer and Driver Administration Assistant.
- Encourage and support the development of the Admin & Finance Officer and Driver Administration Assistant staff through training, sharing ofsharing of resources, and goal setting
- In conjunction with the HOPE International security team, manage security policies and procedures for the HOPE Zimbabwe SG office.
- In collaboration with the CD, TA and the CSU HR Business Partner, coordinate efforts to interpret, discuss and implement recommendations from periodic HR/work environment related surveys in order to enhance employee engagement
- Manage the organization of key HOPE Zimbabwe SG administrative and financial documents, including data backup and business continuity planning.
- Ensure prompt and accurate payment of payroll and government taxes for HOPE Zimbabwe SG staff.
- Ensure that HOPE Zimbabwe SG assets and inventory are well documented and well maintained.
Compliance and Risk Management
- Propose policy updates to the Finance, CPFG, and HR Manuals as weaknesses or inefficiencies are identified. Prepare full updates to the manuals annually.
- Ensure full implementation of, and compliance with policies and procedures as outlined in Finance and HR manuals.
- Assist the HOPE Internal Audit team and the CD with Internal finance audits as well as external audits.
- In conjunction with the CD, support the development of audit management responses and implement agreed upon changes.
- Support in the design and implementation of risk mitigation tools and procedures for Zimbabwe SG, as directed by the CD.
SG Regional and Network Wide Support
- Contribute to various projects or initiatives as requested by CSU HOPE iInternational for SG development, mutual country support, or HOPE International progress as a whole.
- Lead in design, development and implementation of special projects as requested by the CD
- Personal confession of the Christian faith and commitment to the mission and vision of HOPE International
- Qualifying degree in finance, accounting, business administration, or similar field of study. A professional course i.e., ACCA, CIMA an added advantage.
- A minimum of five years of experience in a similar managerial role with mid-level accounting or bookkeeping a requirement., Experience with Christian-leaning Organizations is a plus.
- Understanding of, and demonstrated experience with, financial accounting principles, processes, and systems
- Experience in using various accounting systems. Proficiency with QuickBooks / NetSuite is preferred
- Proficiency with Excel as a tool for data input, reporting, review, and analysis.
- Excellent cross-cultural communication
- Excellent computer-based communication skills and working knowledge of basic IT.
- Fluent communication in English; spoken and written
- Willingness to travel upcountry and occasionally to other HOPE countries.
- Assertive self-starter with the confidence to ask hard questions and hold management accountable
- Highly flexible, hardworking, and willing to sometimes work in stressful and frustrating situations