- Post Date:February 2, 2021
- Views 752
- Career Level AssistantQualification DegreeExperience 1-3 Years
- Industry Non Governmental
CARE began working in Zimbabwe in 1992 in response to a severe regional drought. After establishing a drought mitigation program, CARE began longer term developmental programs with local partners in building small dams, strengthening local microfinance institutions, and launching projects to assist small businesspersons in the rural areas.
CARE Zimbabwe’s overall goal is to empower disadvantaged and poor households to meet their basic needs. Programs promote sustainable livelihoods of poor and vulnerable people.
The organisation seeks to recruit outstanding candidates who are known for their excellence, professionalism, integrity and who are committed to providing support to vulnerable communities in remote locations of the targeted provinces. Interested candidates are encouraged to apply for the position posted below.
The incumbent will be responsible for providing administrative functions for the implementation of Country Office activities.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Follows up on documentation from vendors for inputting in PeopleSoft
- Conducts Bridger checks for prospective vendors
- Maintains vendor module data input in PeopleSoft
- Conducts data entry in the receiving module in PeopleSoft
- Formulates advances and liquidations in liaison with procurement buyers
- Maintains the vendor records manually and softcopies
- Collects utility bills from service providers, prepares for payment and submits to finance
- Follows up utility bill payments and provides proof of payments to service providers
- Participates in vendor inspections
- Ensures office maintenance for the Harare Office
- Participates in yearly asset verification process
- Maintains petty cash and issues petty cash
- Conducts petty cash reconciliation in liaison with Finance for replenishment
- Maintains Petty cash expenditure receipts
- Facilitates requisitioning of stationery and other consumables
- Maintains the consumable and Stationery registers and consolidate a monthly report for the admin manager
- Degree in Administration or equivalent
- 1-2 years working experience in administration work or other related field
- Ability to work under minimum supervision
Deadline: 5 February 2021