Administration and Finance Manager
- Post Date:March 18, 2021
- Views 423
- Career Level ManagerQualification DegreeExperience 5-10 Years
- Industry Non Governmental
APOPO is a non-profit organization with Belgian roots. For 20 years we have tackled landmines or tuberculosis around the world. APOPO provides a low-tech, cost-efficient solution to pressing humanitarian challenges. For more information visit www.apopo.org
The support Manager is responsible for managing the programme support sector and will report to the Programme/Regional Manager and Regional Finance Manager. The support Manager manages the Field Support Officer, Admin & Finance Assistant, mechanics and other support staff members.
- 5 or more years experience in Project Management, Administration and Finance;
- University degree (minimum four year degree or equivalent) in relevant field;
- Background in finance and administration and/or other relevant areas are a plus;
- Fluent in English language is required;
- Excellent organization, negotiation, planning and administration skills;
- Strong communication and problem-solving abilities;
- Multi-tasking and follow-through are essential.
- Ensure APOPO Zimbabwe Mine Action programme with efficient and timely administrative, logistical and financial support and seek at all times to raise the proficiency of support systems across the programme and increase their cost-effectiveness;
- Supervise and Train the support staff under your responsibility;
- Ensure proper coordination within the support services to efficiently and effectively support the operations;
- Provide necessary cover for key administrative, logistic or finance staff in their absence;
- Prepare and deliver administrative and financial reports in a timely manner;
- Deputize for the Programme Manager in his absence.
- Manage and supervise programme financial expenditure;
- Consolidate and finalise the programme budgets and it’s financial coverage, in collaboration with Line Managers;
- Finalise the regular budget follow-up and communicate financial information to line Managers
- Prepare financial reports destined for donors and HQ;
- Supervise the management of bank accounts and cash boxes (checking cash box, bank accounts, transaction);
- Supervise and validate the monthly accounts as well as quarterly and annual accounts closures and report to the; Line Managers.
Administrative and human resources management
- Follow up and manage the HR action plan referring to recruitment of national staff, contracts and similar actions;
- Ensure APOPO’s legality through regular dialogue with our legal advisor and the local administration concerning legal obligations in relation to the work code (contracts, legal aspects…);
- Supervise and assist administrative aspects relevant to expatriates;
- Welcome and supervise external visits to the programme.
- Provide liaison with National Authorities (ZIMAC), donors, and other stakeholder/partner organisations;
- Assist the PM with administrative and financial matters when writing proposals and reports to donors and other stakeholders/partners;
- Focal point for matters related to bank and insurance;
- Maintain a positive mental attitude and the ability to work in diplomatic, patient and persistent manner with national and international colleagues in a remote and harsh environment under demanding circumstances.
- Promote initiative and teamwork amongst all staff members to increase cooperation and the development of the programme;
- Visit operational sites occasionally as required;
- Other duties as assigned by the Programme Manager.
If you are interested in this position kindly submit your documents including a letter of motivation, your CV and relevant diplomas and reference letters electronically to the following email address: [email protected]
Deadline: 19 March 2021