Admin and Procurement Assistant
- Post Date:March 30, 2021
- Views 414
- Career Level AssistantQualification DegreeExperience 1-3 Years
- Industry Non Governmental
Duration: 9 months with possibility of extension depending on performance
CESVI Zimbabwe background
Cesvi is a non-governmental, international humanitarian organization working in 23 countries throughout the world. Cesvi is dedicated to the reduction of suffering and working towards the ultimate elimination of poverty in the world’s poorest countries through the mobilization and active participation of the recipients of aid. Cesvi has been operating in Zimbabwe since 1998 in three key areas: Environment and Agriculture, Health and the Social sector. Cesvi activities in the agriculture sectors revolve mainly around support to rural communities to transform traditional practices shifting from subsistence farming to commercial agriculture.
The Admin & Procurement Assistant will join a highly innovative and dynamic team at Cesvi Zimbabwe. The Admin & Procurement Assistant will be expected to train and work in various departments of Cesvi and will have their time split between Administration duties (Human Resources and Procurement duties) and Project duties. This is in line with Cesvi Zimbabwe’s goal to capacitate and train future Project Officers both within and outside Cesvi. For the Admin, HR and Procurement duties the Admin & Procurement Assistant will be responsible for providing assistance in HR management and general procurement and logistics activities. For these activities, the Admin & Procurement Assistant will carry out his/her duties under the direct supervision of the Country Logistics & HRM Coordinator. For the Project related duties, the Admin & Procurement Assistant will work with the Cesvi Natural Resources Management (NRM) Coordinator in assisting the execution of various project activities.
- Assists in preparing requests for quotations, and evaluations in accordance with Cesvi policies and procedures;
- Assist in the preparation of Purchase Orders and Contracts;
- Process invoices for goods and services delivered ensuring accuracy and completeness of documentation;
- Assist in market research of information on potential suppliers and maintain accurate and up-to-date database;
- Undertake routine follow up action on procurement on behalf of the supervisor;
- Determine the lowest cost for products/materials;
- Track and record orders;
- Receive orders and document arrivals; Analyze market and delivery systems;
- Assists in organizing and scheduling procurements in a timely manner;
- Assist in logistical duties as requested from time to time.
- Under guidance of NRM Coordinator, assist in the preparation of various projects related documents and support project planning processes;
- Contribute to the organisation of events, workshops, trainings, contacting participants and taking care of logistical arrangements;
- Attend and play an active and constructive role in projects related meetings;
- Support in collecting information for technical studies, researches and any technical briefs under the various projects;
- Ensure timely, efficient and effective organisation for engagement of various consultants;
- Initiating setting up of technical and administrative sound ToR for hiring various consultants;
- Liaise, and coordinate with key stakeholders relevant for various projects implementation as agreed with the NRM Coordinator;
- Ensure proper implementation of various project activities according to contractual obligations of Cesvi Zimbabwe.
- Perform any other duties requested by the Country Logistics & HRM Coordinator and the NRM Coordinator.
Qualifications, experience and competencies
- Degree/Diploma in Environmental Sciences, Forestry, or equivalent;
- A minimum of 2 years working experience in an NGO environment doing Admin & Procurement or any other relevant field;
- Proficiency in MS Office Package (Word, Excel, etc.);
- Good interpersonal and communication skills;
- Ability to work independently and also as part of a team while managing multiple tasks effectively under minimum supervision;
- Willingness to learn and have clear goals in career development;
- Commitment, demonstrated knowledge, and understanding of different ethnic groups and gender-related issues;
- A Clean drivers’ licence.
Suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications, and cover letter (maximum 1 page) and detailed CVs (maximum 3 pages) inclusive of at least 3 contactable references to: [email protected]
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted on the status of their application.
NB: This is an urgent recruitment and we are going to recruit on a rolling basis, once we get the right candidate we will close even before the deadline.
Cesvi has a zero tolerance approach to any harm to, or exploitation of, a child or a vulnerable adult by any of our staff, representatives or partners. Cesvi commitment to being a safe organization begins with the staff recruitment process which includes meticulous checks, such as criminal records check or check disclosure of previous convictions, to ensure children and vulnerable people are safeguarded and abuse is prevented. Safeguarding checks are part of the selection process performance.
Deadline: 2 April 2020