Accounts Payables Officer
- Post Date:May 13, 2021
- Views 493
- Career Level OfficerQualification DegreeExperience 3-5 Years
- Industry Non Governmental
CARE International in Zimbabwe is recruiting for livelihoods, food aid and resilience project targeting Buhera and Mutare Districts (Manicaland Province) and Chivi and Zaka Districts (Masvingo Province). Takunda, which means “we have overcome” in Shona, is a 5-year USAID Bureau of Humanitarian Assistance program led by CARE in a consortium. Its aim is to increase on-farm and off-farm incomes, improve nutrition, and work with women, men, girls and boys to build resilience to shocks and stressors. The organisation seeks to recruit outstanding candidates who are known for their excellence, professionalism, integrity and who are committed to providing support to vulnerable communities in remote locations of the targeted provinces. Interested candidates are encouraged to apply for the position posted below:
The incumbent will be responsible for effectively managing the Accounts Payable Unit by ensuring timely processing of all financial information (month-end close and reports, audits, payments) and the timely submission of financial reports to the Finance & Operations Director that reflect true and accurate financial reporting.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reviews cash call requests from the Finance and Admin Assistants for accuracy, adequacy of cash and reasonability of the request.
- Plans for timely processing of all financial information (payroll, month-end close and reports, audits, payments).
- Reviews and approves payments within set limits.
- Monitors cash and non-cash resources of the country office (including sub-office reviews, project reviews).
- Contributes to the formulation and review of policies to improve the Takunda internal control systems.
- Provides information required to update Procurement Database and Asset Register updates
- Reviews and assists (in the preparation of month-end data (such as PARs, vehicle information, and staff numbers) before uploading into PeopleSoft
- Compiles monthly financial minutes and submits to the Finance & Operations Director for review
- Validates data integrity in line with CARE and USAID Financial procedures in preparation for the month end close
- Closes the financial books monthly and annually
- Consolidates systems generated monthly reports and submits them to the Finance & Operations Director
- Analyses sub ledgers from the Finance and Admin Assistants and submits to the Finance & Operations Director for review.
- Produces monthly financial reports and submits to Finance Manager for review (Balance Sheet Reviews)
- Collects, prepares and analyses audit information as per the Auditors’ sample.
- Implements internal and external audit actions related to Finance Payable in compliance with the Audit Action List.
- Contacts bankers, service providers and relevant government offices for any queries resolution as directed by Finance Manager
- Develops staff on overall project objectives, implementation strategy, reporting systems and internal controls
- Appraises and monitors Accounts Payables staff to identify areas of staff training, support, possible disciplinary action etc.
- Degree in Accounting/Finance or equivalent CIS,
- 4 years working experience in Finance/Accounting or related field
- Meticulous attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong organizational and planning skills.
- Information collection and management skills.
- Problem identification and resolution skills.
- Written and verbal communication skills
CARE is an equal opportunity employer promoting gender, equity and diversity.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children and safeguarding employees and communities from Sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse. CARE does not, and will never solicit money for any part of its recruitment processes including short-listing, interviews, background, and/or medical check-ups. We will not be responsible for such fraudulent correspondence or any loss of money or theft which may result from anyone engaging in any fraudulent recruitment activity
Deadline: 20 May 2021
Related Jobs (10)
Finance and Administration Intern, Education Section on July 15, 2021 Internship
Group Audit Manager – Chartered Accountant or similar on July 13, 2021 Full Time