- Post Date:May 30, 2021
- Views 488
- Career Level AssistantQualification DiplomaExperience 1-3 Years
The role of Accounts Assistant is a finance team support role. They are responsible for helping an accounts team or a single accountant by taking charge of tasks like reporting, ledger maintenance, administration and account reconciliation. As an accounts assistant, you would be providing accounting and administrative support to accounting and finance staff to ensure customer and supplier accounts are accurate; receiving, processing and filing paperwork; and managing petty cash transactions.
Accounts Assistant job description and responsibilities
The main responsibility of an Accounts Assistant is to support the finance executive with business accounting activities. This includes raising, sending and paying invoices, reconciling company accounts and debtors management.
They also assist with basic administration tasks and should be on hand to answer any queries raised by staff or external clients or providers. They will be expected to help document and maintain the business’ finance procedures, updating and implementing them wherever necessary.
Daily tasks include:
- Preparing and processing payments and invoices, reconciling accounts and expenditures.
- Preparing financial statements and budgets, including profit and loss statements.
- Supporting financial practitioners and senior staff members as required, which may include processing documentation related to taxation, financial reporting, operating budgets, quotations and inventory adjustments.
- Liaising with third party providers, clients and suppliers
- Basic administration
- Updating and maintaining procedural documentation
Accounts Assistant job qualifications, skills and experience
- Professionals should have a tertiary qualification in one of the following subjects:
We are looking for at least 12 months’ previous experience as part of an accounts or credit control team. Microsoft software packages (Word, Excel etc.) and evidence that CIMA or ACCA studies are underway. Accounting and or ERP software experience a must (Pastel. Quickbooks, Palladium or equivalent)
The following soft skills are also beneficial for this role:
- Impeccable integrity
- High level of accuracy
- Analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills
Send CVs (maximum 2 pages) to [email protected] with subject in email “ACCOUNT ASSISTANT” including traceable references.
Closing date for submission is 1 June, 2021.
Related Jobs (6)
Group Audit Manager – Chartered Accountant or similar on July 13, 2021 Full Time