- Post Date:May 11, 2022
- Views 438
- Career Level OfficerQualification DegreeExperience 3-5 Years
- Industry Education
The Zimbabwe Council for Higher Education (ZIMCHE), a quality control regulatory authority, was established by an Act of Parliament, [Chapter 25:27], in 2006, to promote and co-ordinate education provided by higher and tertiary institutions, superintend over standards, act as a regulator in the determination and maintenance of examinations, academic qualifications and research.
Applicants are invited for the post of Accounting Officer. He/she will be assisting the Director Finance on all matters related to the ZIMCHE Finances. This position in the ZIMCHE requires a seasoned and experienced Finance person with demonstrable experience in Public Sector Financial Reporting Standards.
Purpose of the Job
Reporting to the Director Finance, the position exists to support, co-ordinate and improve efficiency in the Finance Department. The incumbent helps the Director Finance in directing the Finance Department’s day-to-day operations to ensure that the Council Financial affairs are handled in a manner consistent with the requirements of the ZIMCHE Act, Public Finance Management Act (PFM Act), International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and International Public Sector Accounting Standards (IPSAS).
- Assisting in the preparation of Annual Financial Statements.
- Preparation of monthly, quarterly management accounts,
- Preparation of annual budgets
- Accounts receivables management
- Accounts payables management.
- Preparation of annual financial audits.
- Maintaining a comprehensive asset register.
- Maintenance of Ledgers.
- Maintenance of Cashbooks.
- Bank reconciliations
- Preparation of banking
- Maintaining investments schedules.
- Any other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- A recognised Bachelor of Accountancy degree.
- Must be a Registered Public Accountant (RPAccZ), registered with the Public Accountants and Auditors Board (PAAB) Zimbabwe.
- Prior experience working as an Accounting Officer or working in an Accounts department.
- Ability to pay close attention to detail for accuracy.
- Proficiency in Sage Pastel Accounting packages.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Knowledge and competency in accounting principles
- Good time management abilities
- Good critical reasoning abilities.
Mode of Application
Interested candidates should submit the following: application letter, a detailed CV and certified copies of degree certificates, present salary, names and addresses of at least three referees including their email addresses to:
The Director Human Resources,
P.O. Box H100
21 J.M. Nkomo Road,
Not later than 13th of May 2022.
The application should be emailed to: [email protected] in a single PDF file clearly indicating the position being applied for in the subject line.