Accountant - TCFL
- Post Date:March 16, 2022
- Views 485
- Career Level OtherQualification DegreeExperience 3-5 Years
- Industry Business
Reference Number : Tel20223334
We are looking for enthusiastic, self-motivated and committed individuals to join our team for the position of Accountant – TCFL.
Reporting To: General Manager TelOne Centre for Learning (TCFL)
The incumbent will report to the General Manager TelOne Centre for Learning (TCFL) and key responsibilities includes accounting and administration functions. The incumbent plans, monitors, reconciles and reports all TCFL monetary transactions.
Duties And Responsibilities:
Provision of Management Information
- Propagates TCFL’s Vision, Strategic Objectives And Values Through The Provision Of Strategic Accounting Support To The Centre For Learning.
- Works With Other TCFL Departments To Ensure Forecasts For Student Numbers, Tuition Fees And Related Revenue Are Consistent With The College’s Strategy And Correctly Calculated.
- Interprets Financials To Enhance Accurate Decision Making.
- Provides Budget Holders With Timely, Accurate And Reliable Financial Information Which Assists In The Performance Of TCFL.
General Ledger Accounting
- Prepares Reconciliation Schedules For TCFL General Ledger For Internal And External Audits.
- Posts TCFL Cash Book Into The Accounting System (SAP) On A Daily Basis And Ensure That The Same Is Reconciled On A Monthly Basis.
- Checks Schedules Produced For Input VAT And Withholding Tax From TCFL Cash Book For Submission To Tax Accountant.
- Ensures TCFL Vendor Accounts Are Reconciled Timeously In Liaison With Accountant Creditors.
- Conducts Financial Analysis For TCFL And Prepares Detailed Financial Reports And Statements
- Analyses Financial And Operating Data And Prepares Management Reports, Periodic And Annual Financial Statements Of Project Accounts
- Oversees The Financial Reporting Process Enabling Efficient And Timely Closing Of The Monthly And Biannually Accounts;
- Oversees The Preparation Of TCFL Management Accounts And Ensures That The Accounts Meet TelOne Standards.
Budget and Budgetary Control
- Oversees And Leads The Annual Budgeting Planning Process In Conjunction With TCFL’s Management.
- Formulates TCFL Financial Targets And Budgets In Accordance With The Strategy Determined By TelOne.
- Consolidates TCFL’s Annual Financial Forecasts In Terms Of Gross Revenues And Expenses In Line With The Organization’s Strategic Plans
- Monitors TCFL Actual Performance Against Budgets Or Targets, Calculating Variances And Recommends Corrective Action For Deviation.
Risk and Compliance Management
- Develops And Maintains TFCL Sound Reporting Systems To Facilitate Effective Financial Management And Strong Internal Control Mechanisms.
- Ensures An Effective Internal Control System Is Maintained And Adheres To Statutory And Fiscal Requirements
- Ensures That The TCFL Accounting Is Carried Out In Accordance With Accounting And Financial Standards.
Qualification And Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree In Accounting/ Finance Or Equivalent
- Accounting/ Finance Professional Qualification Will Be An Added Advantage,
- 3 Years’ Experience In An Accounting Experience Environment.
- Good Knowledge Of International Financial Reporting Standards
- Strong Business Acumen, Management And Analytical Skills.
- Good Communication And Interpersonal Skills With Employees And Stakeholders.
- Ability To Translate Insights Into Action.
- Ability To Multi-Task And Manage Multiple Priorities.
How to Apply
If you wish to be considered for the above posts, please apply via email to [email protected] not later than 18 March 2022.
Hard copy applications will NOT be accepted. Please note that Canvassing will disqualify applicants and communication will be made to shortlisted candidates only.