Accountant – Fixed Assets and Projects
- Post Date:April 7, 2022
- Views 340
- Career Level OtherQualification DegreeExperience 3-5 Years
- Industry ICT
Our Client in the Telecoms sector is looking to fill the position of Accountant – Fixed Assets and Projects urgently.
- Ensure Complete timely update of fixed assets register to record new assets, transfers, and disposals.
- Ensure Assigning of tag numbers to all fixed assets.
- Track the compilation of project costs into fixed asset accounts and close out those accounts once the related projects have been completed.
- Reviews project reconciliations monthly and follow up on WIP aging to close long outstanding projects.
- Recommend to management any updates to accounting policies related to fixed assets.
- Review depreciation calculation and update the detailed schedule of all fixed assets and the accumulated depreciation.
- Conduct periodic impairment reviews for intangible assets and recommend to management whether fixed assets should be disposed of.
- Conduct periodic physical counts of fixed assets.
- Track company expenditures for fixed assets in comparison to the capital budget and management authorizations.
- Prepare audit schedules relating to fixed assets and assist the auditors in their inquiries.
- Ensure that all financial entries are posted into Pastel as per the Accounting Policy and Procedures Manual
- Reviews PPE note and general ledger reconciliations.
- Approve journal vouchers for posting into Pastel
- Ensure compliance with group reporting requirements
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- First Degree in Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Minimum 3 – 5 years of experience
- Projects accounting
- Fixed assets accounting
Email CV in word format with an indication of current salary and benefits details to: Mirriam Dzapasi – [email protected]