- Post Date:January 19, 2022
- Views 631
- Career Level OtherQualification DegreeExperience 3-5 Years
- Industry Business
A well-established Pension Fund based in Harare is inviting applications from suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill the position of an Accountant which has arisen. The incumbent will to start immediately.
Reporting to the Finance and Admin Executive, the incumbent’s key responsibilities will be as follows:
- Assist the Finance and Admin Executive in the production of bi-annual and quarterly financial returns and reports timeously for management information and decision- making.
- Assist the Financial and Admin Executive in the preparation of Year-End and Interim financial statements in accordance with International Financial Reporting Standards and in compliance with regulatory authorities’ guidelines.
- Maintaining Assets and Asset Register
- Ensures adherence to the Internal Control Systems
- Management of statutory payments and returns.
- Posting of journals into the system to ensure that proper adjustments are made to the Ledger accounts.
- Responsible for the management of the investment function, implementing investment decisions.
- Prepares monthly and quarterly reports on investments.
- The incumbent will be responsible for monitoring and deciding investments that will enable organisational growth.
- Maintain and update Risk Register which shows possible risks, how to share the risk and the impact.
Qualifications and Experience:
- A degree in Accounting and/or a relevant professional qualification such as CIS, CIMAorACCA.
- At least 4 years’ experience in the pension industry.
- Computer skills such as MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint Presentation.
- Knowledge of Sage Pastel is a must.
- Good communication skills
Applications accompanied by a detailed Curriculum Vitae stating position applied for and addressed to the Chief Executive Officer should be emailed to: [email protected].
Closing date is 21 January 2022.