- Post Date:October 14, 2021
- Apply Before: October 23, 2021
- Views 63
- Career Level OtherQualification DegreeExperience 3-5 Years
- Industry Health Care
The Society wishes to invite applications from suitably qualified and experienced individuals to fill the position of Accountant that has arisen in the Group.
- Provides financial information to management for decision making in line with the Cimas procedures and International Financial Reporting Standards.
- Checks transactions to ensure that the division’s financial records are accurate and compliant with the set control environment.
- Checks capital and operational expenditure against the budget daily, seeking explanations and reporting on expenditure variations monthly.
- Ensure accurate general ledger maintenance
- Receives and consolidates departmental budget inputs into the main business unit budget and submits to the Finance Manager for review incorporating: Income statements, Statement of financial position, Statement of cashflows, CAPEX etc.
- Participates in the updates and documents Standard Operating Procedures periodically.
- Provides internal and external Auditors divisional information, as well as implementing external and internal Auditors’ recommendations correctly.
- Researches on trends in the operating environment and makes recommendations to the Finance Manager.
- Supervision of staff members by ongoing staff evaluation, coaching and work plan development.
- Bachelor of Accounting Degree or equivalent together with a Professional Accounting qualification-CIMA/CA/ACCA/CTA.
- 2-4 years’ experience in Medical Aid with knowledge of Medical Aid finance.
- Ability to manage and develop staff, as well as solving work related problems for desirable results.
- Clear verbal and written communication and ability to prepare accurate reports.
If you are interested, apply no later than Friday 22 October, 2021