- Post Date:August 21, 2021
- Views 487
- Career Level OtherQualification DegreeExperience 1-3 Years
- Industry Banking
Business Unit: ABC Stockbrokers
Geographical Area: Zimbabwe
Vacancy Manager: Head of Stockbroking
Purpose of the job
Assist in the preparation of financial reports, analysis and reconciliations as well as the maintenance of financial records and other documents for ABC Stockbroking.
Main Focus Areas
- Perform a daily Trial Balance
- Track General Ledger movements on a daily basis ensuring that all material movements are supported by explanations
- Preparation of monthly management accounts
- Preparation of annual financial statements
- Providing periodic analysis of income lines and providing explanations for observed trends
- Prepare key balance sheet account reconciliations and analyses on a monthly basis.
- Maintain appropriate files, reports, documentation and data.
3. Ensuring that all statutory returns are done timeously
- Preparation of all periodic regulatory returns including ZIMRA, ZSE, SEC among others.
- Preparation of all weekly and monthly regulatory returns
4. Supervision of the Back-Office Function
- Supervision of all Back-Office operations
- Authorisation of daily FCC daily uploads
- Working with internal and external auditors to ensure successful completion of audits
Qualifications and Work Experience
- A Degree in Accounting, Business Studies, Economics, Marketing or related field
- Progress towards attainment of a professional accounting qualification such as CA, ACCA, CIMA, ICTA or similar programme
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience as an Accountant or a similar role.
Skills and Competencies:
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and prioritize tasks
- Hands-on experience with spreadsheets and proprietary software
- Proficiency in English and in MS Office
- Ability to work under pressure and strong adherence to deadlines and targets.
- Customer service orientation and negotiation skills
- Strong relationships building and networking skills.
- The ability to show empathy to diffuse and resolve customer dissatisfaction.
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles plus solid understanding of accounting payable principles
- Proven ability to calculate, post and manage accounting figures and financial records.
- Proficient Microsoft Office knowledge and skills
Interested applicants who meet the job requirements should e-mail their CVs to [email protected] with the Heading: Accountant” attaching all your academic certificates, transcripts, and National ID.
APPOINTMENTS WILL BE MADE IN COMPLIANCE WITH BancABC’s RECRUITMENT POLICY.
Closing date: 24 August 2021 @ 1630hrs.