Accountability, Monitoring & Evaluation Coordinator (Shurugwi)
- Post Date:January 12, 2022
- Views 381
- Career Level CoordinatorQualification DegreeExperience 5-10 Years
- Industry Non Governmental
World Vision is a global Christian relief, development and advocacy organization dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. We are a community of close to 40,000 staff working across the world to help change the lives of vulnerable children. Our supporters, partners and staff join forces with communities on the ground to help children enjoy good health, be educated for life, experience the love of God and their neighbours and be cared for, protected and participating in addressing issues that affect their lives. World Vision has been active in Zimbabwe since 1973. Our operations are spread across 9 out of 10 provinces, with a majority of over 1.75 million beneficiaries in rural areas. Our current programs focus on improving the well-being of boys and girls in three priority sectors: health and nutrition, livelihoods and education. We also focus on child protection, gender and disabilities, emergency assistance and resilience building as cross cutting priorities across our programs.
World Vision Zimbabwe is committed to the safeguarding of staff, children and communities that we work with, preventing any type of unwanted behavior at work, including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct. We are committed to promote the welfare of children, youth, adults and individuals with whom World Vision engages with. World Vision expects all staff to share this commitment through our conduct and behavior. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work with us. If you share the same vision and values, JOIN US and contribute to life in all its fullness for the children and communities we serve.
Please be advised that the position is contingent upon contract award and client approval.
Work Location: Shurugwi
Project duration: 3 years
About the Project
World Vision seeks qualified A, M & E Coordinator candidates for an anticipated Education project in Zimbabwe, to be funded by Anglo American. World Vision and its partners will support equitable student learning outcomes through Quality Teaching, Learning and Delivery of Educational Services” in Shurugwi district of Zimbabwe.
Purpose of the position
Provide leadership in design and implementation of monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning systems and tools for the STEP-UP project. He/she supports the Program Manager in ensuring that relevant numeric and narrative data required for regular monitoring and for the periodic reporting is captured/documented and stored in appropriate form.
- Oversee monitoring and evaluation activities including the context analysis, impact evaluation, qualitative and quantitative analysis of program activities, output, outcomes, and impact.
- Provide leadership in conducting assessments, ongoing program monitoring and reporting; provide extensive capacity building to local staff in M&E systems.
- Develop community-based information systems to serve as program management tools and early warning systems
- Participate in preparation of periodical internal and external reports to ensure they are in line with program implementation plan and objectives.
- Provide leadership in adjusting the data collection and management system including manual tools and electronic tools for PDAS and computers
- Foster participatory planning and monitoring of program activities by training and involving community members, partners and other primary groups in M&E activities
- If required, participate and provide technical support in recruitment of program M&E staff.
- Develop monitoring plans to be reviewed regularly to ensure that both WVZ and partners are implementing program activities according to the Detailed Implementation Plan
- Coordinate, consolidate and document lessons learnt and best practices within the program and share information with relevant stakeholders
- Participate in coordination meetings and other information sharing for a as required.
- Facilitate and ensure timely dissemination and feedback of available data to appropriate users.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- A degree in Social Sciences, Development Studies, Statistics and Research or any related field.
- Five years’ relevant work experience or a relevant master’s degree and 2 years work experience; one year of which should have been at a supervisory level.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with beneficiary communities, Government and other stakeholders at the district level;
- Experience in design and implementation of accountability, monitoring and evaluation systems including both qualitative and quantitative approaches.
- In-depth working knowledge of computer based statistical packages including SPSS, CsPro, Epinfo and Excel; and information dissemination software
- Excellent report writing and information dissemination skills
- Good contextual knowledge of local community and social/cultural constraints, realities and organisational relationships for effective project design and implementation
- Experience in training and community consultation highly desired
- Experience working in consortia with grant funding highly desirable
- Clean class 4 driver’s license.
Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
NB: Shortlisting will be done as applications are received. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 14 January 2022
Related Jobs (44)
Researcher – Gender Equality and Women Political Leadership on January 18, 2022 Consultancy Contract